Thunder Heritage - 2019 Limited Edition. Preview. 5 April 2019.

It's been a long time coming, but V2 Tobacco is back with a limited edition Thunder line! The last time V2 released a limited edition Thunder line was back in 2015, so it's been 4 years!  V2 has always been rather creative with snus flavors, and it looks like they are setting out to do it again.

This year's limited edition release comes in the popular slim white dry format, and with 5 exciting flavors.  While I originally thought these products would be available for the US market, I found out they are actually "chew bags" and not snus, so they will only be available for EU/international consumers and not the US.  So, without further ado, let's check out this year's flavors!

Pardon the image quality below - I pulled these from the above photo, so they're a little distorted.
 
Thunder Heritage (Slim White Dry) Limited No1: Banana Mint

I've been reviewing snus for 10 years now, and this is the first time I've ever seen a banana flavored snus.  I am definitely intrigued by this one.  I don't know if this one is going to taste like banana mint, or have a big banana flavor and hints of menthol.  I'm curious to see how V2 approaches this flavor.

Thunder Heritage (Slim White Dry) Limited No2: Spicy Berry

This one could be interesting.  With no clue as to what berry it's flavored with, V2 could go a million directions with this.  Boysenberry?  Juniper Berry?  Bilberry?  Who knows.  But I am interested to find out.

Thunder Heritage (Slim White Dry) Limited No3: Mentha-Lime

The lime flavor is not a common one in this snus world, so I'm interested to see how they do this one.  It could taste like a mojito.  Or perhaps a mint limeade?  This is one I've got my eye on.

Thunder Heritage (Slim White Dry) Limited No4: Licorice Peppermint

You already know what I'm going to say.  I don't like mixing mint and licorice.  Seriously, I think I've mentioned this in every review I've ever done on this flavor pairing.  Can V2 change my mind?  Who knows.  But I'm nervous about this one.

Thunder Heritage (Slim White Dry) Limited No5: Pomegranate

After banana mint, this is the one I'm the most curious about.  Way, way back in the day, Fiedler and Lundgren had a product called Mocca Pomegranate.  When I switched from smoking to snus, it was a product I used regularly.  Since then, there hasn't been a pomegranate snus on the market.  This is one I can't wait to try!

Comments