Tiger Snus (Original, Peppermint, Clove) - Old Review. 12 March 2019.

NOTE:  This is the old review.  Check out our 2021 updated review of the entire Tigersnus line, here!

Today we're going to be talking Tiger Snus, a snus made in Indonesia that is locally grown, locally sourced, and organic! I reviewed the Original Flavor back in 2017, but I recently got ahold of the Clove and Peppermint, so I figured I'd revisit and review them all in this review! This is what their website has to say about these products: "At TIGERSNUS we believe in supplying locally sourced, organically grown snus tobacco of the highest quality. Our passion towards tobacco products shows in the quality of our snus. From sourcing locally to using the most environmental friendly packagings we can, to producing TIGER SNUS using organic growing methods, we strive to offer a very unique snus tobacco that sets us apart from other tobacco companies. We believe in sourcing our products locally to not only support the local communities and fight globalization, but also to reduce our carbon footprint, and to minimize our environmental impact. All our products are packed using environmental friendly materials to keep nature the same and tigers happy. We love tigers. We donate 10% of the yearly profits to charities helping to protect the remaining five tiger populations of Asia, and support them to survive from extinction. Let's save the tigers together!"

Tiger Snus: Clove 

Flavor Description: "Exotic flavors from the depths of Indonesian rain forests. Indonesians have traditionally mixed cloves with their tobacco when smoking for the beautiful and fragrant flavor.  We have aimed to bring the smooth and strong taste of clove to our snus, while not overpowering the tobacco aroma."
Can Contents: 19.2g can, 24 portions, 0.8g each
Nicotine: 16mg/g (1.6%), or 12.8mg/portion.


I was really excited to try this one because I love the flavor of clove.  Back in the day I smoked Djarum Black Cigarettes so clove is something I really dig.  Back in the day, I really loved the Offroad Sweet Clove snus and I was super excited when GN Tobacco released Clove Explosion but it was a bit too strong for me.  When you open a can of Tiger Snus Clove, the aroma is a raw, earthy tobacco smell with a natural, spicy presence of clove.  The portions are a little dryer than the average white portion, but are still comfortable in the lip!  The taste is quite nice; it's a pretty even mix of a mild, raw tobacco character with a natural clove taste.  The nicotine feels to be at the strong level, and the flavor lasts about 45 minutes on average.  I really like this one, this is what a clove snus should taste like!

Tiger Snus: Original

Flavor Description: "Exotic flavors from the depths of Indonesian rain forests. Indonesians have traditionally mixed cloves with their tobacco when smoking for the beautiful and fragrant flavor. We have aimed to bring the smooth and strong taste of clove to our snus, while not overpowering the tobacco aroma."
Can Contents: 19.2g can, 24 portions, 0.8g each
Nicotine: 16mg/g (1.6%), or 12.8mg/portion.

I've had this one before, and I noticed it to be identical to the last time I had it.  I enjoyed this one when I reviewed it last time, and I enjoyed it just as much this time!  The aroma that greets you upon opening the can is a raw, natural tobacco taste.  The portions, again, are a little dryer than the average white portion but aren't uncomfortable.  The flavor, like the aroma, is very tobacco centric.  It's a raw, natural, earthy tobacco taste.  This one also feels to have a strong nicotine content.  The flavor, on average, lasts about 45 minutes on average.  I really liked this one because of it's natural tobacco flavor.
Tiger Snus: Peppermint 

Flavor Description: "Some like it fresh and so do we! Our peppermint flavored snus will keep your breath fresh and talk smooth. Mix it with a cold drink, company of your friends and some sunshine by the ocean, and the experience will be complete!"
Can Contents: 19.2g can, 24 portions, 0.8g each
Nicotine: 16mg/g (1.6%), or 12.8mg/portion.

The aroma of this one caught me off guard, because I could actually smell tobacco with the mint!  The mint smell is a sharp, lightly sweet peppermint smell accompanied by that raw, earthy tobacco taste.  When you put a portion in the lip, you'll notice a mild cooling presence, which is common of most mint products.  The portions, again, are a little dryer than the average white portion but aren't uncomfortable.  The taste  is a pretty even mix of peppermint and tobacco.  The peppermint flavor is milder than most mint products, and I like how it pairs with the raw, earthy tobacco taste.  The nicotine, like the others, feels to be at the strong level.  The flavor also lasts about 45 minutes on this one.  I found this one to be quite unique as it is a mint product where I can taste both peppermint and tobacco.

I really enjoyed trying the Peppermint and Clove versions, and it was fun to use the Original again.  If you want to try these out, they're available at TigerSnus.com.  And, buying them helps saves the tigers.  I mean, what's better than that?

Comments