Thunder Chew Bags: Wintergreen Slim White Dry - Old Review (Discontinued). 4 October 2017.

NOTE:  This is the old review.  This product was rebranded as Thunder Winter Breeze (Stretch) White Dry Chew Bags.  The new review is here!

V2 has been expanding their chew bag formats, and that includes releasing products in the "slim white dry" category, which is becoming quite popular. Back in May I reviewed Thunder Frosted Slim White Dry Chew Bags, and today we're going to be talking about Thunder Wintergreen Slim White Dry Chew Bags. I reviewed the snus version of this, Thunder Wintergreen Slim White Dry not too long ago. Though I'm not a fan of wintergreen products, I found this one to be more agreeable for me than most wintergreen products I've tried before. When it comes to this product, the flavor description says, "Thunder Slim Winter G White Dry Chew has a rich long-lasting taste of american wintergreen." The can weight is 13.2 grams and contains 24 portions, for 0.55 grams each. The nicotine clocks in at 16mg/g, but with lighter portions it breaks down to 8.8mg/portion.

I'm not going to go too much into the differences between snus and chew, but you can check out my video on the subject for more info. I will touch briefly on the topic for this review, however, for those who may be new to chew bags. Here is a V2 chew bag and a V2 snus portion, cut open to show a comparison between the two. This is how V2 describes their chew bag products: “The tobacco leaves are heated and moistened with steam so they can be cut into smaller pieces. The tobacco for Thunder Chewing Bags are pieces cut with a length of between 5 - 50 mm and a width of 0.6-0.8 mm. The bags used are specially designed to be chewed to release flavor and nicotine. It is made from a paper with a special weave which which is thicker and much stronger than the type of bag that snus is packed in. Thunder Chewing Bags are also fundamentally different from the other chewing tobacco products on the market by being cut tobacco in small bags while others are made from spun tobacco.” Though these are called "chew bags" and V2 mentions the pouches being able to be chewed, I have never done that with these or any other chew bags. I simply put them in my upper lip and enjoy them like snus!

When you open the can, the aroma that comes through is a relatively mild smell of wintergreen. It's not too in your face like most wintergreen products. The portions are slim, white, and dry, as the name says. The white dry format has a few benefits in that it saves you money if your products are taxed by weight. Also, the flavor and nicotine usually come on slower, but the flavor also lasts a lot longer! At first the portions feel a little dry, but the longer they're in the lip the more comfortable they get.  The flavor is a mild taste of wintergreen with a light taste of tobacco in the background.  Though I'm not a fan of wintergreen, I found the taste of this one to not be too bad.  The flavor also lasts a long time; I've found with this one I can keep it in for up to an hour and a half!  The nicotine strength, though only 8.8mg/portion, actually has a nice kick.  I'd place it between a strong and an extra strong in terms of nicotine delivery.

If you're a wintergreen fan, you should consider giving this one a try.  It's a milder taste, but has a long lasting flavor.

Comments