02 February 2017

General G.3 Super Slim White Strong - Review. 2 February 2017.

Back in May of 2016 I reviewed General G.3 Mint Super Slim White Strong and noted that this format was quite interested and I imagined we would see more "super slim" snus products released in the future. It took less than a year, and now Swedish Match is back with a new General G.3 Super Slim product. But there is one thing that is very interesting about this one. The product description says, "A mellow and spicy tobacco taste with distinct notes of dried fruit, green grass, along with hints of chocolate and vanilla. A long and thin pouch with an optimized fit that has a dry surface with a moist content for low salivation and a long lasting release of flavour."  What's interesting about this one is that it is a tobacco centric General snus.  We have seen licorice, whiskey and mint released under the General brand name before, but not tobacco centric products (other than, perhaps, Kardus).  So, I was very interested when I heard about this one!

Doing a comparison between a General slim portion and a General super slim portion you can easily see how slim these super slim portions are.  The can weighs 16.5 grams and contains a whopping 30 portions!  The nicotine is 1.92% or 19.2 mg/g.  However, the portions are light, weighing in at 0.55 grams each.  That brings the nicotine per portion down to 10.56mg/portion.  I believe the nicotine per portion is what puts this at the strong level and not the extra strong level.

The portions are very slim, and feel a little awkward in the lip to me, but I imagine there are people out there who will enjoy this size and format.  When I use this snus, I use two portions at a time just so it won't feel so awkward.

Opening the can, the aroma that comes through is a mild, earthy tobacco smell with a light grassy tone to it. I also detect a little bit of pepper in the background. Now, the flavor is what I was curious about. The product description mentions dried fruit, chocolate and vanilla. Honestly, I didn't pick up any of that in the flavor. If I had to say what this reminds me most of, I would say it tastes like General White Portion without the citrus. It has the spirit of a General snus product, but the familiar flavor of bergamot is nowhere to be found.  The taste is a clear, well rounded tobacco flavor with a light, grassy nature to it.  There is a presence of pepper which contributes the familiar spice I'm used to with General Snus.  And, of course, there is a little salt presence in the background.  The flavor is relatively mild, but it's a really nice taste.  The lack of citrus in the flavor profile isn't a problem to me, because this isn't meant to be a "traditional flavored" snus.  The flavor lasts quite a while, well over an hour.  The nicotine kick with one portion in feels to be stronger than a regular strength snus, but it won't knock you out by any means.  When I use two, I do feel a really solid kick of nicotine, however.

If you're a fan of tobacco centric snus, you will certainly enjoy this flavor profile.  It's mild and gentle, but in a good way.  I would definitely like to see this released in a regular size portion.  But, if you dig the super slim format and like tobacco tasting snus, definitely give this a try!

1 comment:

  1. Great review Chad, I enjoy both your blog and your videos! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete