Skruf Slim Flow White - Review (Discontinued). 25 January 2017.

NOTE:  This product has been discontinued and is no longer for sale.

Every now and then, I'll get a new product to review that I have zero background information on.  This is an example of that.  Skruf Slim Flow White is a new product by Skruf Snus for sale in some of the border stores.  I haven't seen it for sale online anywhere, and I lucked out when one of our readers contacted me and asked if I wanted to try it.  We seriously have the best readers.  Since it isn't sold online anywhere, nor is it listed on the Skruf website, then only information I have about this product is what I can see from the can.  However, that isn't a bad thing, it makes the review more fun because I have to really dig into the product to find out what I can about it based on what my senses can perceive!

One thing that really interests me about this product is the fact that the can says "Aroma Seal Inside".  When you open the can, you'll see an aluminum seal covering the can. This isn't the first time I have seen this, however. When I reviewed General Titanium almost 3 years ago, I noticed they did this, as well.  I think it is a great idea, and I hope more manufacturers will start doing this.  It really does lock in flavor and freshness.  I noticed the Skruf seal to be much thicker than the General Titanium seal I encountered back in 2014. The only hard facts I have about this product are what I can gather from the can. The can weight is 16.8 grams and contains 24 portions, which amounts to 0.7 gram portions.

Going into this product, I had heard that it tasted like pear, so that was really all I had to go off of. The portions are slim white portions and are relatively dry, but also feel quite soft.  The aroma is a very present smell of pear.  It's very natural smelling!  The portions are comfortable in the lip, and you'll encounter a very mild cooling sensation in the lip when you put a portion in.  The taste is much more complex than the aroma! The pear flavor is front and center and is very present.  In the background, I notice a nutty taste and a light hint of wood.  The nutty taste almost reminds me of walnuts.  It's a very interesting and complex flavor!  The thing I like about this is how natural and mild the fruit flavor is.  It's not too sweet at all, and I really like the way Skruf approached this taste.  The flavor lasts up to an hour to an hour and 15 minutes, and though I'm unsure of the nicotine strength I would say it's on the regular 8mg/g level.  It doesn't feel too strong to me.

If you like fruit flavored snus but want something more mild and natural, this is a must try!

Comments

Post a Comment