Royal Snus Lemon (White Dry) - Review (Discontinued). 23 February 2016

NOTE:  This product was made by a small company and does not appear to be produced anymore.

Over the years, there haven't been a lot of lemon flavored snus products. We've seen The Lab Fresh: Lemon and Thunder Lemon, both of which were discontinued. Which is a shame, because lemon is a great flavor and very poorly underrepresented in the snus world.  That was what excited me most about this one - it's a new flavor that we don't have already in circulation.

This product is brand new, so I haven't seen it for sale on any webshops just yet. Last time I checked, Snus24.com carried some Royal products, so perhaps they'll pick up this one and the new Royal Snus Menthol that I reviewed yesterday.

If you've never had a white dry snus before, this is basically a white portion with less moisture. White dry helps relieve tax burden where snus is taxed by weight and the portions also last considerably longer due to the lower moisture amount. With these, I've been able to keep them in for up to 2 hours.

When you open the can, the aroma that comes through is a very natural lemon smell.  It doesn't smell like cleaning products, which is always a fear when I approach a lemon flavored snus.  One thing that was also of interest is that I also experience a mild cooling sensation when I put a portion in my lip.  I usually only experience that with mint snus, but I found it interesting that I experienced it with this one.  The flavor is also a very straightforward lemon taste.  It's relatively mild, not too sweet and has just the right amount of tartness.  I notice a faint hint of pepper in the background, but not too much that it is unpleasant.  The tobacco flavor is only noticeable after you've had a portion in your mouth for quite a while; I usually pick it up at about the 1.5-2 hour mark.

If you're a fan of lemon, this snus is a must try.  I greatly enjoyed the flavor and would order this again!

Comments