Kronan Vit (White) Portion - Review. 10 November 2014.

Review Updated:  21 July 2022

Today, we're checking out a snus in the Kronan brand. If you've read my stuff long, you know I'm not the biggest fan of this line. I've had some requests to revisit this one, and I've never done a rating of it, so here we go. This should be fun. If you aren't familiar with Kronan, the name means “the crown” in Swedish. It was created in 2005 as a reaction to the taxes being raised on snus. In fact, one of the Swedish Match tobacco masters was once quoted as saying “We can't really do anything about the taxes but we can cut costs as much as possible while still providing a good product."  The flavor description for this one says, "A dark tobacco taste with notes of violets and citrus, along with hints of green herbs".  Each can weighs 19.2 grams and has 22 portions, for 0.87g each.  The nicotine content is 8mg/g (0.8%), or 6.96mg/portion.

While I am not the biggest fan of Kronan, I will do my best to be objective when I review this snus.  When you open the can, you'll notice an aroma of dill, along with some floral notes, and an earthy tobacco base.  The portions come in the star formation, so I suggest fluffing them to make them more comfortable.  They're soft, and pretty comfortable under the lip.  In the flavor profile, right up front I notice a floral taste.  It reminds me most closely of violet.  There's a little pepper in the mix, and an earthy, semi-dark tobacco base.  As usual, I notice a touch of dill in the flavor profile, as well.  The nicotine strength feels about regular on this one.  I find the flavor to last up to about an hour, on average.

Rating and Final Thoughts

Look, it's no secret I'm not the biggest fan of this snus.  I never have been.  But, as a snus reviewer, I try to be as objective as possible.  I rated this one at 2.75/5.  It's just not a snus for me.  I mean, it's not horrible.  If I was on a desert island and it was all I could get, I'd be able to use it.  But with other products on the market, I'd go for something else.  However, I know quite a few people who use this one and love it.  So, ultimately it's up to you.  Give it a try, because you never know, it may be your new favorite.

This product available at Snus.us!



Comments