18 September 2011

Offroad Original Los Review. 18 September 2011.

I've been going through my reviews lately and catching up on ones I haven't reviewed before. Recently I ran through a bunch of Swedish Match snuses, and I got an email from a guy who asked me to review some V2 snuses, particularly their lossnus. Sure enough, I haven't reviewed many V2 lossnus products or Phantom snuses, so I'll be catching up on those in the coming week. One that I wanted to talk about was Offroad Original. In the past, I've tried the portions but not the loose, so I figured this would be a good one to start with. As far as the portions go - I don't think I've reviewed them on here. I'll need to add that to my list too. V2 Tobacco makes some good snus products, and at an affordable price. This one currently lists at around 20$ USD for a roll, so at 2 bucks a can that's a pretty good deal. The product description is listed as "Offroad Original loose snus is a loose packed snus with the great and original taste of tobacco with lemon and bergamot."

When you open the can, the aroma that comes through is far from the traditional Swedish "bergamot" aroma many of us are used to. It's a slightly sweet smell that reminds me of a mixture of mandarine orange and lemon. The snus is well packed, and the grind is very easy to work with - either handbaking or using a tool. The snus stays well packed in the lip and has very little mudslide or breakage. It's very approachable if you're new to lossnus. The taste reminds me a lot of the 2009 Offroad Limited Edition Mandarine portion snus. It's a sweet orange flavor with little hints of lemon in it and a gentle salt balance tying it all together and bringing out the flavors. It doesn't taste like the traditional "bergamot flavor" profile, but has a pretty unique and long lasting flavor. All in all, it's a pretty tasty snus and comes at an affordable price. If you haven't tried it and like the citrus flavor - check it out, it's a different twist on the "orange/citrus/lemon/bergamot" flavor that is common in snus.

No comments:

Post a Comment