Oden's Extreme Vanilla (White Dry) (Discontinued) Review. 24 August 2011.

NOTE:  This product was discontinued and then relaunched in 2016.  Here is the updated review of the new 2016 version of Oden's Extreme Vanilla (White Dry).

A special thanks to a SnusOn member, "Void", who sent me two Oden's Extreme products with a very limited availability to review. This is one of the two I'll be talking about - the other being Burned Apple. I've never had a bad experience with Vanilla in snus. Though I didn't review it, a few years ago I enjoyed the Nordstrommen Los Limited edition version of Dark Vanilla, and I've reviewed Catch Collection//Chill (Mint Vanilla) - a limited edition release from Swedish Match. Vanilla, when done correctly, is a great addition to snus. I, however, was not a fan of Oden's 69. It was kinda "meh", and a little too dry. But as these flavors only come in White/Dry portions for the time being, I was hoping for the best. These cans have Russian warning labels/information on the bottom. They're the standard hockey puck can GN has been using, and come in a white color.

These portions look a little more moist than the Oden's 69 portions I had last year, so I was quite hopeful going into this. The key thing about vanilla is it can't be too sweet - vanilla itself tastes great, but if it's too sweet it can be overdone. The aroma of this snus is very mellow and pleasant, it reminds me a lot of Nila Wafers. It's a very mellow vanilla aroma. The portions are quite dry, so I had to do a little pre-wetting before I was able to use them, so I could get the maximum taste out of them. I got a picture when I did the Oden's 69 review of the tobacco inside, it's pretty dry, but with a little moisture added it's usually good to go. The taste is great. A gentle and mellow vanilla flavor with a bread-like quality, or a fresh-baked flavor. It reminds me at times of, as I mentioned earlier, Nilla Wafers. This snus proves that GN knows how to use vanilla correctly to flavor a snus, and I can only imagine what this would taste like as an Original Portion.

Comments

  1. I just got few cans of this vanilla dry extreme. Does it really should be really dry, like no moist at all? Or are these my cans just dried?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colt - It's designed for the Russian market and for some reason this is how it has to be made. There is Vanilla Dry White Extreme and a new Vanilla Extreme Original Portion coming soon that will be more moist. We reviewed it on here a few weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment