Lundgren's Koster Stark - Snus Review. 17 August 2026.

In 2026, it's not very often that I get to review new snus products.  But, whenever it happens, it's a glorious day.  Today, we have a new one - Lundgren's Koster Stark.  It's not super new, but new products take me longer to get now due to the US FDA's insane crackdown on snus imports.  The flavor description for this one says "A flavor of juniper".  With how popular Göteborgs Rapé is, it always astounded me there weren't more juniper flavored products.  Nowadays, with nicotine pouches taking over the known universe, it makes sense why we don't have more new snus products.  But, back in the heyday of snus, it was always confusing to me why we didn't see more juniper flavors!  Each can weighs 17.6g and has 22 portions, at 0.8g each.  The nicotine content is listed at 12.8mg/portion.

Opening the can, the aroma that comes through is a present juniper smell, along with present floral tones.  The portions are their perforated white portions.  This means there are little holes in them to get the flavor out quicker.  I find they can bug my gums if I use them too much, so usually with Lundgren's I use a can every so often.  They're moderately moist, and not too dry.  The flavor is quite nice.  The juniper taste is present, with a subtle herbal character.  There's a nice earthy presence from the tobacco, and a little floral hint along with it.  In the strength, it's stronger than regular, but not uncomfortable or anything.  It has a gradual release to it, with a moderate effect.  In the flavor profile, it can last up to an hour, sometimes more!

Rating and Final Thoughts

All in all, a pretty tasty snus!  I gave it a 3.5/5.  Really the only ding on the score is the perforated white portions.  I wish Lundgren's would make more slim white portions like with Skåne, but sadly they don't.  But flavor-wise, this one is pretty tasty!



Comments