Lundgren's Skåne Vit Slim - Review. 20 June 2017.

Review Updated:  10 December 2021

I've reviewed this product quite a few times times, and here I am, reviewing it again.  It's recently gone through a redesign, so I figured there was no time like the present.  This is, arguably, the most popular product in the Lundgrens family.  While I'm more partial to Norrland, this one is still a pretty solid offering.  The Lundgrens series is one with names corresponding to regions of Sweden, and Skåne is representative of southern Sweden.  I was going to say it's my first time doing a rating of this one, but I did a review recently of a limited edition Skåne slim product, and I did a rating on that one.  Coincidentally, the rating on this one is identical to that one, since it's not really a different product.

The flavor description for this one says, "A rich tobacco flavor from Swedish-grown tobacco, with hints of meadow flower, spruce needle, and forest berries".  Each can weighs 15.4 grams and has 22 portions for 0.7 gram portions.  The nicotine content is 10mg/g (1.0%), or 7mg/portion.

When you open the can, a certain smell of the outdoors comes from the can.   I clearly detect the aroma of spruce, along with a light floral sweetness.  There's a subtle dark berry presence, along with a mild, base tobacco.  These pouches are slim, semi-soft, and slightly dryer than the average white portion.  However, I do prefer these over their perforated pouches.  The flavor on this one is top notch.  The berry taste comes through right up front, and has a darker, muted character to it.  The spruce is right behind it, along with a light floral sweetness and a mellow base tobacco character.  The nicotine strength on this one feels about regular, and the flavor seems to kick around for about an hour.

Rating and Final Thoughts

This one I prefer over the perforated version.  That one can irritate my gums if I use it too much, but this one I don't have that issue with.  This one I rated higher than that one, at 3.83/5.  While I prefer Norrland, this is one I still will grab a can of here and there to mix things up a bit.  It's a pretty tasty snus.  It has a certain quality of the outdoors, which I really dig about it.

This product available for purchase at SnusDirect.com!



Comments