Fun fact, GR Lingon was one of the first Swedish Snus products I tried, and enjoyed, back in 2009 when I first found snus. Well, it's gone through a big change - a new recipe, portion, and can design. So, instead of updating my old review, I figured I'd just do a new one. Swedish Match says this of the new version: "Less moist, improved mouthfeel, reduced drip and longer lasting flavor". Their flavor description says "Light tobacco profile with a berry flavor character". Each can weighs 17.6g and has 22 portions, at 0.8g each. They used to have 0.9g portions. The nicotine content is 8mg/g, or 6.4mg per portion. Now, let's throw one in and see what's changed!
Opening the can, a present aroma of lingonberry comes through. It's tart, and not overly sweet. The portions definitely are less moist than they used to be. They're semi-soft, but feel more dry than they were before. In the flavor profile, it hasn't changed too much. It's similar to the flavor I recall - tart lingonberry, and a little tobacco. I do notice (as did some folks on Reddit) that it seems to have a slight cooling presence to it, which I didn't note last time I had it. It's not bad, but different. Reminds me a little of the old Kapten Lingon. Strength-wise, it feels about regular strength, and pretty satisfactory. The flavor lasts a decent amount of time; usually I keep these in for up to an hour.
Opening the can, a present aroma of lingonberry comes through. It's tart, and not overly sweet. The portions definitely are less moist than they used to be. They're semi-soft, but feel more dry than they were before. In the flavor profile, it hasn't changed too much. It's similar to the flavor I recall - tart lingonberry, and a little tobacco. I do notice (as did some folks on Reddit) that it seems to have a slight cooling presence to it, which I didn't note last time I had it. It's not bad, but different. Reminds me a little of the old Kapten Lingon. Strength-wise, it feels about regular strength, and pretty satisfactory. The flavor lasts a decent amount of time; usually I keep these in for up to an hour.
Rating and Final Thoughts
I gave this one a 3.5/5. Yes, it is different from last time I had it, but it's still a pretty decent product. The pouch is a little more dry than it used to be, but it does yield less drip and a longer lasting flavor. The new design is decent, but I liked the classic design more. But all in all, it's not a bad snus at all. It tastes great, and I look forward to more!



Comments
Post a Comment