Göteborgs Rapé Lingon - Review. 6 July 2015.

Review Updated: 4 May 2023


Göteborgs Rapé Lingon always has a special place in my heart. In 2009, it was the first member of the GR family I tried. I actually liked this one more than the regular GR flavor, which is wild, because now I use the regular GR flavor full time and this one from time to time. This product was launched in 2006, and was originally called Göteborgs Rapé No2: Lingon. Recently, Swedish Match dropped the No2 and it's now called, simply, Göteborgs Rapé Lingon.  I've heard rumors over the years that this product was going to be discontinued, but it's still on the market, so it seems like it's doing well enough that Swedish Match is keeping it around!

The flavor description for this product says, "A mellow tobacco taste with distinct notes of lavender and lingonberries, along with hints of herbs and citrus."  This product comes in a 21.6 gram can with 24 portions for 0.9 gram portions.  The nicotine content is 8mg/g (0.8%) or 7.2mg/portion.  If you aren't familiar with lingonberry, they taste a lot like cranberries, but are a little more tart, and less sweet.

When you open the can, the aroma that greets you is a present smell of lingonberry, and a lightly sweet floral scent, which I suspect is from the lavender.  There's also a light touch of citrus  The portions come in the star formation, which is reserved for premium products from Swedish Match. They are wedged to get into the star formation, so I just fluffing them to move the tobacco around a little.  The lingonberry flavor is the most present component of this snus - it is natural, fruity, tart, and not too sweet.  In the background I notice a light herbal character and a floral sweetness which, again, is probably from the lavender.   I don't notice much citrus in this one, not like I do with the regular GR flavor.  The nicotine on this one feels to be about regular strength, and the flavor usually lasts up to an hour on average.

Rating and Final Thoughts

This one rates at 3.5/5 for me.  It's not something I use all the time.  This is a snus that I do get cravings for here and there, so it's something I'll keep a can or two of in the freezer for when the mood strikes.  If you like fruity snus, this would be one you want to check out.  It's not super sweet and artificial, and has a really nice, well rounded, balanced flavor.  At first, you may not dig it too much but give it time, it'll grow on you!

This product available for purchase at BuySnus.com!  Use code SNUBIE10 for 10% off!




Our Video Review:

Comments