The Small Batch series is a line from Swedish Match that has been in production since 2018. It's a way Swedish Match can be creative and try new things, but also test flavors out that they may want to release on a full time basis. Small Batch No4: Raspberry Licorice, for example, was released in July of 2018 and came back in September of 2019 as Catch XR Raspberry Licorice. I was pretty curious about this one, as I've never had Ginger Beer (thought I'm a big fan of Ginger Ale), so I made sure to grab a can of Ginger Beer to try out with this review. The flavor description for this one says, "Small Batch Ginger Beer has a spicy taste of ginger, lemon and grape". Each can weighs 24g and has 24 portions for 1g portions. The nicotine content isn't listed, but I'm guessing it's either regular strength or strong.
First, before talking about the snus, I wanted to make a note about the drink. Ginger Beer is delicious. It's way spicier than Ginger Ale and has a much more present and pronounced flavor. This is definitely something I want to drink more of. In the aroma, I pick up a present smell of ginger, a hint of lemon, and a light spiciness/peppery tone. The portions come in the Star Formation, so as I always suggest - fluff them up before putting them under your lip. It makes them much more comfortable. The portion material is soft, and feels good against the gum. In terms of flavor, it's a present, spicy taste of ginger, along with notes of tart lemon, a mild tobacco character, and a hint of pepper. The nicotine strength feels to be about the regular strength level, and the flavor lasts about an hour on average!
First, before talking about the snus, I wanted to make a note about the drink. Ginger Beer is delicious. It's way spicier than Ginger Ale and has a much more present and pronounced flavor. This is definitely something I want to drink more of. In the aroma, I pick up a present smell of ginger, a hint of lemon, and a light spiciness/peppery tone. The portions come in the Star Formation, so as I always suggest - fluff them up before putting them under your lip. It makes them much more comfortable. The portion material is soft, and feels good against the gum. In terms of flavor, it's a present, spicy taste of ginger, along with notes of tart lemon, a mild tobacco character, and a hint of pepper. The nicotine strength feels to be about the regular strength level, and the flavor lasts about an hour on average!
Rating and Final Thoughts
I enjoyed this one a good bit. Very flavorful, and one of my favorite Small Batch products I've had so far. I rated it at 3.79/5. If Swedish Match brought this one back full time, it would definitely be one I would buy more of. It's a rich, spicy, flavorful snus that really stands out compared to a lot of products on the market these days. In terms of the entire Small Batch series so far, this one came in at #4 out of 20 for me, so you can tell it was one I definitely enjoyed! Below, you can see my rankings, as well as my rating of this product!
Small Batch Series Rankings
1 - SB 2 – Blood Orange
2 - SB 4 – Raspberry Licorice
3 - SB 14 – Citron/Lakrits
4 - SB 18 –Ginger Beer
5 - SB 12 – Pink Grapefruit
6 - SB 7 – Orange/Chocolate
7 - SB 9 – Banana
8 - SB 5 – Coffee
9 - SB 17 – Hot Shot
10 - Chef's #2 – Höstskörd
11 - SB 15 – Tropic Colada
12 - SB 10 – Rosé
13 - SB 1 – Champagne
14 - Chef's #1 – Punsch
15 - SB 16 – Old Fashioned
16 - SB 11 – Popcorn
17 - SB 8 – Gin & Pepper
18 - SB 3 – Apple Mint
19 - SB 13 – Salty & What?
20 - SB 6 – Svensk Skog

Comments
Post a Comment