Pure Barberry Extra Strong (Nicotine Pouch) - Review (Discontinued). 28 December 2020.

NOTE:  This product has been discontinued and is no longer for sale.

A few months ago, I reviewed a lot of Pure Nicotine Pouches.  Pure is a new line out of the UK by a new company called Nicton.  These products are all incredibly strong and, according to the bottom of the can, only to be used for a maximum of 5 minutes.  This one has the flavor of barberry, which isn't a very common flavor in nicotine pouches or snus.  If you've never had a barberry, it's a rather tart berry, reminiscent of a cranberry.  As far as this product goes, I don't have a flavor description for it, so we'll just go with "barberry flavor".  I counted 25 portions in the can, and weighed it at 9 grams, which yields 0.36 gram portions.  The nicotine content is said to be 20mg/portion, which would mean the total nicotine content is 55.55mg/g (5.55%).

When you open the can, an earthy, subdued berry smell comes through.  It is mildly tart, and clear in nature.  The portions are slim, moderately soft, and rather light in weight.  The flavor of this one is quite good, probably the best tasting Pure product I've had so far.  The barberry flavor is an earthy taste, and yes, it does remind me of a cranberry.  It's more of a tart berry flavor, and not overly sweet.  The nicotine strength is incredibly strong.  That 5 minute mark is pretty accurate, because that's how quick I feel the kick; I find I can only keep these in for up to about 10 minutes before there too strong for me.  That being said I can't speak to how long the flavor lasts, because I can't keep these in too long.

Rating and Final Thoughts

This one came in at 2.5 out of 5 for me.  It ranks a little lower for a few reasons.  One, I wish the portions weighed a little more.  Two, the nicotine strength is way, way, way too strong.  However, I have heard their looking at making lower strength products.  Third, flavor longevity.  When I use an oral product, I want one that I can keep in for 45 minutes, an hour, or more.  For me, flavor is most important, more so than nicotine.  And I want a flavor I can enjoy for quite some time.  So yes, these ranked a little lower.  But, I think Nicton has potential, and I'll definitely be following them and seeing how their company progresses.  



Comments