Pure Nicotine Pouches - Review (Discontinued). 7 December 2020.

NOTE:  This product has been discontinued and is no longer for sale.

Hey, guess what I'm reviewing today?  Another nicotine pouch!  But oh no, not just one, I'm reviewing SIX nicotine pouches.  These are from a new company in the UK called Nicton.  These products are rather interesting.  First, they have something called "Pure Encaps".  Nicton mentions that they utilize an oxidation protection technology created in partnership with Alchem in Switzerland.  Their product uses only freebase nicotine, not salt nicotine.  Second, these products are not designed for long term use.  In fact, the bottom of the can says only to use them for 5 minutes.  Given how strong they are, I can understand why.  I haven't found these products for sale anywhere online yet, so I don't have any flavor descriptions.  The can weights, portion counts, and nicotine strengths are kind of all over the place, but I was told that given current production capacity they can guarantee a minimum of 20 pouches per can and a. minimum weight of 9 grams of product per can.  Now, with that being said, let's get into the reviews!

Pure: Wildberry
Can Contents:  22 portions counted / can weighed at  11g / 0.5g portions
Nicotine Strength:  The can says 20mg/pouch which would be a total nicotine of 40mg/g (4.0%).

Review:    When you open the can, the aroma is a mild, semi-tart, red berry smell.  The portions are light in weight, and semi-dry to the touch.  The flavor is a very mildm lightly tart, semi-sweet red berry taste.  The nicotine hits in about 5 minutes, and feels really, really strong.  In terms of flavor longevity, I can't say, because I have to take it out after about 10 minutes because it's much too strong for me.

Pure: Orange
Can Contents:  23 portions counted / weighed at 10g / 0.43g portions
Nicotine Strength:  The can says 20mg/pouch which would be a total nicotine of 46.51mg/g (4.651%).

Review:  When you open the can, a mild, natural aroma of orange greets you.  The portions are moderately soft, and light in weight.  The flavor is a present, bright, lightly tart flavor of orange.  The nicotine, like with the others, hits in about 5 minutes and feels to be incredibly strong.  I can't speak to the flavor longevity, because I can only keep them in for about 10 minutes.

Pure: Mint
Can Contents:  25 portions counted / weighed at 9g / 0.36g portions
Nicotine Strength:  The can says 20mg/pouch which would be a total nicotine of 55.55mg/g (5.55%).

Review:  The aroma of this one is a sharp, sweet smell of peppermint.  The portions are light in weight, and semi-dry.  They come with a mild burn, and a mild cooling presence in the lip.  The flavor is semi-sweet in nature, and a gentle, mild taste of peppermint.  The nicotine hits in about 5 minutes and is really, really strong.  I can't keep these in too long, so I can't speak to the flavor longevity.  Usually I can keep them in for about 10 minutes at a time.
    
Pure: Melon
Can Contents:  26 portions / weighed at 10g / 0.38g portions
Nicotine Strength:  The can says 20mg/pouch which  would be 52.63mg/g (5.62%).  

Review:  The aroma of this one is a mild, light aroma of melon.  It reminds me of cantaloupe.  The portions are slim, light in weight, and semi-dry.  The flavor is a very light, very mild taste of melon.  It isn't super sweet, either.  The nicotine hits pretty quick, I feel it within 5 minutes, and it's really strong.  I can't say how long the flavor lasts, because I can only keep them in about 10 minutes before they're too strong for me.

Pure: Wild Mint
Extra Strong Can Contents:  24 portions / weighed 9g / 0.37g portions
Ultra Strong Can Contents:  22 portions / weighed 10g / 0.45g portions

Extra Strong Nicotine Strength:  The can says 16mg/pouch, which would be 43.24mg/g (4.324%).
Ultra Strong Nicotine Strength:  The can says 20mg/pouch, which would be 44.44mg/g (4.44%)

Review:    These are both basically the same other than the nicotine strength.  First thing you'll notice is that the portions are green.  Yes, green.  The aroma is a fresh, well rounded, lightly sweet mint taste.  The portions are light in weight, and semi-dry to the touch.  In terms of flavor, it's a fresh, well rounded, lightly sweet taste of mint.  It seems to be more peppermint than anything.  The extra strong one feels firmly at that extra strong level, and the ultra strong one feels well over that.  I can't keep either one in much longer than 10 minutes, because they're both much stronger than I personally use.

Rating and Final Thoughts

In terms of ratings, I'll go highest to lowest - Wild Mint at 2.29/5, Orange and Melon both at 2.17/5, Wildberry at 2.08/5, and Mint at 2/5.  I think these products have potential, but they still have a ways to go.  And that's to be expected of new companies.  V2 Tobacco wasn't that great when they started, but they make top notch products now.  If Pure could up the portion weights and lower the nicotine strength (by a lot), they would be pretty solid.  I'm interested to follow this company and see where they go from here.

Now if you're one of those nicotine pouch consumers who likes to get kicked in the head by nicotine, by all means try these out.  I think these are probably the strongest nicotine pouches I've had to date.  In terms of flavor, I liked Wild Mint and Orange the most, so those are two I'd suggest checking out, whenever these go up for sale.  

Comments