Al Capone (Mint) Dry Mini - Review. 16 February 2020.

It's been 9 years since I've reviewed this one last, but I've had some requests for reviews of these products, so here we go.  To specify, this is a dry mini snus product made by Råå S AB.  It is not the same as the V2 Tobacco Al Capone chew products like the Al Capone Mint Loose Chew, or the Al Capone Chew Bags.  I grabbed some of this on a recent order from SnusMe.com so I could review all the Al Capone varieties:  mint, vanilla, berry, and coffee.  The flavor description for this one says it has "a clear taste of mint".  Each can weighs 6g and has 20 portions, for 0.3g portions.  I'm not sure what the nicotine strength is, but I'll tell you how strong it feels when I get into the review.

On the left, you'll see a comparison between a regular size snus pouch (left) and a Al Capone dry mini snus pouch (right).  The pouch itself is quite dry, as is the tobacco inside the pouch.  On the right side, you'll see a pouch cut open and the tobacco inside the pouch.  It is a very dry tobacco, which probably helps with the "non-drip" attribute of this snus.

When you open the can, the aroma that greets you is a mild, lightly sweet peppermint smell. The portions are small, and incredibly dry. They get more comfortable as they get more moist, but at first they’re going to be quite dry in the lip. Being a mint product, you’ll also get a mild cooling presence in the lip, as well. The flavor is a lightly sweet, gentle taste of peppermint. I’m not sure what the nicotine strength is, but when I have 2 in it feels to be about regular strength, comparable to 8mg/g. The flavor generally lasts up to about an hour.  As far as these products go, they're not for me.  But I know people dig the mini portions, and the non-drip format, so if that's your thing, you may enjoy these!

Comments