Kaliber Extra Tobakssmak - Review (Discontinued). 4 September 2013.

NOTE:  This product has been discontinued by Swedish Match as of 4/26/2018.

I'll admit, I'm not a huge fan of Kaliber Original and Kaliber White Portion. Don't get me wrong, they're decent snuses for what they are, value priced products. But they aren't something I would order again. This product, however, I do enjoy. First, to clarify the name for those English speaking folks like myself, "tobakssmak" basically means tobacco taste, or tobacco flavor. So this product name means "extra tobacco flavor". The taste description says, "Kaliber Extra Tobakssmak has a full-bodied and rich tobacco taste with notes of bitter orange, leather and tea, along with hints of oak. A full sized pouch which embeds nicely behind the lip. Moist on the surface for a quick and robust release of flavour."  For a budget price snus, this product packs a non-budget style flavor.  It's much better than other snus products in it's price range.

When you open a can of Kaliber Xtra Tobakssmak you'll notice the portions are a little smaller than regular snus portions; they weigh slightly less than a gram.  The portions are pretty moist, and have a good release of flavor and nicotine.  The aroma is a rich tobacco smell with just a little leather to it.  The flavor is very good - it's a rich, earthy tobacco taste with hints of leather, a little citrus, and a slightly nutty/earthy flavor. It reminds me of a cross between Nick and Johnny Original Portion and Grov Original Portion.  For a budget snus, it packs a surprisingly great taste!  If you're a fan of tobacco centric flavors and want to save a few bucks, I definitely suggest picking this one up.

Comments

  1. This is my snus because of the price and taste. Used to hold Grov nearest to my heart for years but taxes here in Sweden made it pretty expensive. My search through the budgetsnus ended when I found this one, its a worthy replacement for Grov and lacks that bitter tone many cheap labels have.
    Love your reviews, fun seeing you Americans enjoying the snus aswell :)
    Cheers from Sweden

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment