Thunder Wintergreen (Winter G) Review (Discontinued). 11 April 2012.

NOTE:  This product has been discontinued and is no longer for sale.

It's been a few years since I've had this one, but I had some requests to revisit it, so here we are.  You may notice the name is now "Winter G" instead of "Wintergreen", which is a change V2 has made to a lot of products in their line.  Cool Mint, for example, became "Cool M".  Now, as readers of my reviews will note, I'm not a big fan of wintergreen.  It's not really a flavor I enjoy.  The only smokeless wintergreen product I really like is the Zyn Wintergreen and Oden's Creamy Wintergreen.  But, with that being said, this is a product I always recommend to ex-dippers or people who like the flavor of wintergreen.  It's one of the better ones on the market for those who like that taste.

The flavor description for this snus says, "Thunder Wintergreen Extra Strong Portion Snus is a high nicotine portion snus with with a strong aroma of wintergreen and the deep long taste that follows."  It comes in a 19.8 gram can with 22 portions for 0.9g portions.  The nicotine content is 16mg/g (1.6%), which breaks down to 14.4mg/portion.

When you open the can, the aroma that greets you is a present, straightforward wintergreen aroma. It has a light amount of sweetness to it, and a mild tobacco character in the background. The portions are moderately flat, so I suggest fluffing them when you pull them out of the can. They're pretty moist, and quickly release flavor when you put one in. There's also a mild burn and then a mild cooling presence when you put one in.  The flavor is a present, lightly sweet taste of wintergreen with a hint of tobacco character.  It's not really my cup of tea, but I know ex-dippers seem to like this one.  The nicotine strength feels right at the extra strong level, which is common of the Thunder brand.  The flavor, on average, lasts about 45 minutes.

While this product isn't something for me, I know a lot of ex-dippers and wintergreen lovers who dig it.  If you fall into either of those camps, you may like this one.

Comments