Ettan Kardus - The Review! (Limited Edition) 25 December 2010.


NOTE:  This product was a limited edition release and is no longer for sale.

First of all - a very Merry Christmas to all of you. I hope your holidays are filled with happiness and of course - lots of snus. About a month ago, I wrote about Ettan Kardus, a very limited edition release from Swedish Match available at a few select online retailers. Northerner was kind enough to give some away in a recent Facebook contest, and they were kind enough to send some my way as well. Being a world famous snus blogger sometimes has its perks, I won't lie.

A lot of people saw the pic of Ettan Kardus and said it looked rather like a book, and from the pic it did look a little big, I thought the same myself. However in this size comparison, you can see that the package isn't that big - but boy is it heavy. It's packed full of snus goodness! The paper is really classy looking - and as you remember, when we talked about Ettan Kardus last month, snus used to be wrapped in paper and called Kardus, meaning "letter tobacco", so this snus is about as old school as it gets.

You can see from this pic just how special this snus truly was. The people at the Tobacco & Match Museum hand wrapped these which really shows you how much went into this. Much like Kardus Superior Blend which is released once a year, this was one that had a little extra effort thrown into it too. This particular one was wrapped 18 November 2010, which makes it pretty darn fresh. Okay, so let's unwrap this baby and see what's on the inside.

Peeling off the label and the paper from around the box you'll find a simple cardboard box on the inside, much like a Cracker Jack box in density filled to the brim with snus. And I'm talking FULL. It's not just lightly fluffed in there, this snus is packed very well. I've wrote in the past about Ettan Los, so I won't go into detail about it, but I will say that this snus is just a little bit different than your traditional Ettan.

The grind of course resembles Ettan. Very easy to bake. But the aroma and flavor is just a tad different. When you open the box the aroma that comes out is VERY smokey. That jumped out and grabbed me as soon as I opened it. The taste is a very traditional tobacco taste, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say it is in between Ettan and Grov. The flavor is a very prominent tobacco flavor with the great salt balance that I love about Ettan, but a very smokey flavor mixed in as well. I found it to be rather interesting. The snus itself tasted extremely fresh, it reminds me of some of the los I had when in Sweden earlier this year that was fresh off the factory line. All in all it's a very cool little package, and I was honored to get to try some. Happy Holidays!

Comments