XPCT Licorice Nicotine Pouches (Big Can) - Review. 12 March 2024.

I've been seeing these XPCT "big cans" and "tubes" online a lot lately, and I've been quite curious to check them out!  I was browsing around on SnusExpress.com the other day and saw that they sold them all, so I order a big box of all of these to try out. These products are pretty interesting, because they save you money by buying in bulk.  But also, you aren't wasting a lot of cans since they include one for you to refill.  That, in turn, is a good thing for the Earth!  So, if you've been curious about these XPCT products, let's check them out!  Manufacturer wise, these are made by a company in Sweden called LIW Innovation.

Here's the big can opened up.  These also have a catch lid, and inside the catch lid on top you'll find a single can that you can refill and reuse!  Note, this big can will not fit in your pocket.  I wear cargo shorts and trust me, I've tried.  The flavor description for this one says, "A tasty flavor of salty licorice that is complemented by a cool touch of mint".  The big can says 160 grams of total weight, and contains 320 pouches.  These weigh 0.5 grams each.  The nicotine content is 16mg/g, which breaks down to 8mg/pouch.

These pouches are decently moist when they arrive, so I don't add any moisture to them.  But they did have some guidance on moisture you can add to them if you want to make them more moist, so I made a quick spreadsheet on how you can do that.  Basically, you mist it on, and put it in cold storage for 24 hours.

Now, how is the product itself that comes in the can?  Well, it's not too bad!  Let me to do a review and I'll tell you about it.  Opening up the can, the aroma that comes through is a present aroma of black licorice.  It's slightly sweet in nature, but not overly sweet.  It has a freshness to it, but it's not overly minty.  The pouches are slim, and semi-moist.  They're pretty soft, and have a nice feel under the lip.  They are a little light in weight, so you may notice they are slightly lighter in weight than others.  In the flavor profile, I pick up a present taste of licorice up front.  It's very lightly sweet, and has a slight cooling presence to it.  It's not a big minty taste though, which is nice.  I didn't want the licorice to be too minty.  The nicotine strength feels pretty nice, around the regular strength level.  The flavor kicks around about 35-40 minutes, on average.

Rating and Final Thoughts

Rating-wise, this one ended up at 3.42/5.  I found it to be a pretty decent product.  Sometimes, bulk products aren't that great, but this one turned out to be pretty good, and to have a decent quality to it.  This one has a nice taste, which I liked.  But, what is most important is the cost savings with this one.  This one cost $39.50 for the big can, or $0.12 per pouch.  That breaks down to $2.47 a can on average, which is much cheaper than most products on the market, so this does save money!




Comments