XPCT Cactus Pear Nicotine Pouches (Tube) - Review. 12 March 2024.

I've been seeing these XPCT "big cans" and "tubes" online a lot lately, and I've been quite curious to check them out!  I was browsing around on SnusExpress.com the other day and saw that they sold them all, so I order a big box of all of these to try out. These products are pretty interesting, because they save you money by buying in bulk.  But also, you aren't wasting a lot of cans since they include one for you to refill.  That, in turn, is a good thing for the Earth!  So, if you've been curious about these XPCT products, let's check them out!  Manufacturer wise, these are made by a company in Sweden called LIW Innovation.

Here, you'll see the tube.  It has a little twist-off compartment on the top to reveal the pouches.  There is a bonus can in the top compartment that you can fill and re-use, as well.  The flavor description for this one says, "A sweet cola flavor that is complemented by a touch of spicy ginger".  Each tube weighs 80 grams and has 160 pouches, weighing 0.5 grams each.  The nicotine content sits at 16mg/g, which breaks down to 8mg/pouch.

These pouches are decently moist when they arrive, so I don't add any moisture to them.  But they did have some guidance on moisture you can add to them if you want to make them more moist, so I made a quick spreadsheet on how you can do that.  Basically, you mist it on, and put it in cold storage for 24 hours.

So, I've filled up one of the little cans with some pouches, and now we can do a proper review of this one!  To preface this, I've never had a cactus, nor do I know what one tastes like.  So I'll just describe this as I experience it.  Opening the can, I pick up a tart aroma.  It's like a light, green apple.  It's slightly sweet in nature.  The pouch is slim, and semi-moist.  It's soft, and has a nice feel against the gum.  It is lighter in weight, but doesn't feel too small or anything.  In the flavor, I pick up a tart, tangy taste of green apple.  It's mellow, and has a light sweetness to it.  The nicotine feels to be about the regular strength level.  It has a steady delivery to it, and feels nice.  The flavor lasts a decent amount of time; usually I can keep one of these pouches in for about 35-40 minutes, on average.

Rating and Final Thoughts

First, let's do a cost breakdown!  The tube cost $26.90, which is about $0.16 per pouch.  This equates to a 20 portion can costing $3.36 per can.  This is a pretty average cost, so this isn't one that's going to save a ton of money or anything.  But it's still affordable.  The rating ended up at 3.25/5.  I found this one to have a pretty nice aroma and flavor to it, and a pretty solid quality!  I've never had a cactus, but if they taste like this I might just go eat one!  NOTE:  Don't go eat a cactus.




Comments