The Moose Gotland Classic (White Portion) Snus - Review. 5 February 2024.

Nowadays, you don't see a lot of new snus products.  The last new snus brand I can recall is my Artisan Snus line, that launched back in 2022.  Now, a new brand called The Moose has launched, made by Hansa Snus on Gotland in Sweden!  In today's review, we have their more traditional flavor, The Moose Gotland Classic.  Checking out the listing for it, the flavor description for this one says, "A light tobacco flavour combined with bergamot and a touch of smokiness".  Sounds intriguing.  Each can weighs 16 grams and has 20 portions, weighing in at 0.8 grams each.  The nicotine content is 12mg/g, which breaks down to 9.6mg per portion.  So, grab a chair, open a can, and let's check this one out!

Opening the can, I pick up a traditional snus aroma.  I get bergamot and smoke up front, along with some pepper and some wood notes.  There's a nice, earthy tobacco base in the background, too.  The portions are quite nice.  They're really soft, and nice and plump.  They have a comfortable feel against the gum, too.  The flavor is pretty interesting.  It's complex, but well rounded.  I pick up smoke and pepper as soon as I put one in.  Right behind it, I notice an earthy tobacco base complimented by some bergamot.  Then, a slight, faint touch of leather in the background.  It's pretty nice.  I'd love this in a loose.  The nicotine feels to be about the regular strength level, and has a satisfactory delivery to it.  The flavor also has some legs, lasting up to about an hour, sometimes more.  If I had to peg it down and say what it reminds me of is Oden's No3 White Portion.  If you've had that one before, this one is pretty close to it!

Rating and Final Thoughts

I rather liked the taste of this one.  I rated it right at 3.92/5.  It's a nice, traditional taste, but with more complex notes to it than your standard bergamot taste.  Again, it reminds me of Oden's No3, and has a pretty complex taste to it.  If you like traditional tobacco flavors, I think you'll dig this one.  I would definitely like to see this in a loose, as I think this flavor would translate pretty well in that format.



Check out our video review!

Comments