The Club (Nicotine Pouches) - Review. 1 February 2024.

Today, we have something new to check out.  This is the new "The Club" line, made by Cobber in Sweden.  If the name isn't familiar, they haven't seemed to have been very active in a while.  The last time I had their products was when they launched their Score Snus line back in 2020.  Since then, I haven't heard much from them.  If you want to know more about them, I did an interview with them back in 2020 for the 2020 Snus Con.  Now, let's get to know The Club!  These products all weigh in at 14.7g each and contain 20 pouches.  That means that each pouch will weigh 0.7g each.  The nicotine content is 9mg/g, which breaks down to 6.3mg/pouch.  In the review, we'll cover their differences (aroma and flavor), but first let's talk about what they have in common.

Commonalities
Pouch - The pouches are pretty nice.  I found them to be soft, to have a nice moisture amount, and to feel pretty comfortable under the upper lip.
Nicotine - All of these feel to be just a little below regular strength, but to still deliver a pretty satisfactory amount of nicotine.
Flavor Longevity - These all have about 35-40 minutes of flavor longevity, on average.

Now, let's do some reviews!

The Club Mint

Flavor Description:  "taste of mint and notes of liquorice"

Review:  Opening the can, I pick up a present aroma of menthol along with subtle hints of peppermint.  In the flavor, the mint taste is pretty present.  It's mostly menthol, but with some peppermint in the background.  It's not super sweet, which is nice.  I didn't really pick up any licorice in the flavor profile.

The Club Lemon

Flavor Description:  "taste of lemon"

Review:  I really liked this one.  The aroma is pretty smooth, and gentle.  It's a tart lemon flavor, and not overly sweet, which is nice.  In the taste, I pick up a present taste of lemon.  It's smooth, and natural.  It's tart, but just very slightly sweet.  It's an interesting flavor, and pretty tasty stuff.

The Club Grapefruit

Flavor Description:  "taste of grapefruit, citrus, lemon and mandarin"

Review:  I was most curious about this one.  I like grapefruit a lot.  I know it's not for everyone, but I love a really tart and sour taste of citrus.  It's great for breakfast.  In the aroma, it has a big presence to it.  I pick up a whole lot of grapefruit.  It's powerful, and nice and tart.  In the flavor profile, you'll get a big taste of grapefruit.  It's tart, and slightly sour.  It's also not overly sweet, which allows that sour/tart presence to really shine!

Rating and Final Thoughts

I was pretty impressed with this line.  The Club definitely is solid.  In the ratings, lemon came out on top at 3.46/5.  Behind it came grapefruit at 3.38/5.  Lastly, mint at 3.29/5.  I'm not a major mint fan, so I usually like citrus flavors more.  But all in all, a pretty decent line.  Nice pouches, good flavors, comfortable nicotine strengths, and long lasting flavors.  With this category, not much more you can ask for than that!



Comments