Small Batch #36 (Rooftop Honey) White Portion Snus - Review. 1 February 2024.

I don't review a lot of the Small Batch products anymore.  The main reason is that Swedish Match won't let people outside of Sweden get them.  I used to have a friend out there who hooked me up with them, but after he moved they became impossible to find.  But, every now and then one will fall into my lap, and today we have the latest one:  No 36 Rooftop Honey!  This one was interesting to me because we actually beekeep here and make our own honey.  So, venturing over to the Swedish Match website, this is how they describe it:  "Small Batch No. 36 Rooftop Honey has a light tobacco character with hints of honey, lemon and a clear note of saffron".  Each can weighs 24 grams and has 24 portions at 1 gram each.  The nicotine content sits at 8mg/g, which is easy to calculate at 8mg/portion!

So, here we go, let's check it out!  Opening up the can, I notice a mild tobacco aroma, along with some honey and perhaps a little orange.  It's certainly an intriguing scent!  The portions come in the familiar Swedish Match "Star Formation", and are nice and soft!  I fluff them up a little bit to move the tobacco around and then into the lip it goes.  Under the lip I find it to be pretty comfortable against my gum.  So, the taste.  At first, it has this odd taste that kinda reminds me of plastic.  I'm not sure what that is, but I pick it up.  Then, a gentle taste of honey, some tobacco, and a little orange.  The nicotine strength feels about regular, and I find the flavor lasts about an hour, on average.

Rating and Final Thoughts

So, this one I didn't really dig.  And I love honey!  I've liked probably 95% of the Small Batch products I've had so far, and I like probably 90% of Swedish Match's products, but this is one of the few rare ones that I just couldn't get into.  You may like it, but at the end of the day it wasn't for me.  The average was okay, at 3.38/5, but the flavor I only gave a 2.5/5.  You may want to give it a try, and may be a fan of it, but it just didn't work for me.



Comments