LD Whiskey Limited Edition (Original Portion) - Review. 12 November 2023.

If you know me, you know I'm a big fan of LD Snus.  I've used LD products for many years now, so when I saw they were making a whiskey flavor, I had to try it out.  I'm not a drinker of hard liquor, but I do enjoy a whisky snus!  I found this one recently on SnusMe.com, so I grabbed a can so I could check it out.  The flavor description for this one says, "This traditional snus has a clear taste of tobacco with added elements of whisky aromas".  I pulled this one from the side of the can:  "A taste with inspiration from Ireland. Notes of oak barrels, some smokiness and a hint of vanilla".  Each can weighs 18 grams and has 20 portions, for 0.9g each.  The nicotine content sits at 10mg/g, which breaks down to 9mg/portion.

Opening up the can, the aroma that comes through is slightly smoky, with hints of oak, tobacco, and a slight whisky presence.  The whisky presence I notice in this one in the aroma and in the flavor is almost like a cheap whisky.  The pouches are pretty plump, moist, and have a great flavor release to them.  They're very comfortable under the lip, as well.  The taste is an interesting one.  The whisky taste is kinda a cheaper one, to my taste buds.  The tobacco base is dark, rich, and quite nice though.  It's smoky, and has some nice oak notes to it.  The whisky taste though, it's just not what I was hoping for.  But, it doesn't last long, that fades out and the tobacco base that remains is pretty nice.  The nicotine strength is pretty solid, at the regular strength level.  I also notice a solid 40-45 minutes of flavor longevity and release with this one.

Rating and Final Thoughts

First, I want to say this.  I'm a huge LD mark.  I love their snus, and I've never had one that I didn't like.  But this one just didn't do it for me.  The flavor rated at a 2, which is a little below average for me.  I wanted to like this one.  But in the end, I just couldn't get into it.  It's decent, like....it's not horrible.  It's just not a favorite in this flavor category.  In the end, it rated at 3.42/5.  That's not a horrible score or anything, I just had much higher hopes for this snus.  If you like whiskey, hey, you may enjoy this one.  Give it a try.  But for me, it's one I just couldn't get into.




Our Video Review:

Comments