XRANGE Stone Fruit - Snus Review. 5 October 2023.

It isn't very common that we get new snus, so I'm pretty excited today to review this one.  This is Swedish Match's new XRANGE Stone Fruit (Slim White) Strong.  Stone Fruit isn't a very common snus flavor, I've only ever encountered it once before.  So, I was definitely curious to check this one out.  The flavor description sounded pretty intriguing to me:  "Light tobacco character with clear hints of peach and a touch of freshly brewed tea and bergamot".  I'm not too familiar with what stone fruit tastes like, so this will be a fun review to do!  Each can weighs 16 grams and has 20 pouches, for 0.8g each,.  The nicotine content sits at 13.75mg/g, which breaks down to 11mg/pouch.  One interesting note, you'll notice XRANGE has been cut down to 20 portions, whereas there used to be 21 per can.

Okay, it's time, let's get into this review and check out this new snus!  Opening the can, I notice a mild fruity tone.  It's tart, a little peppery.  There's a tea-like presence to it, and a little bergamot.  The portions are slim, and pretty soft to the touch.  They are semi-dry, and pretty comfortable under the upper lip.  The flavor is pretty interesting.  I notice a mild, peppery tone at first.  Then, a gentle, tart taste of fruit comes in.  There is a tea-like essence to it, along with a faint touch of bergamot behind it.  It's a surprising one, and a complex flavor profile.  The nicotine strength feels about regular, but at times maybe just a hair above.  It's not too much, though.  The flavor lasts about an hour, on average.  

Rating and Final Thoughts

This was a pretty neat product.  I wasn't sure what to expect with the flavor, but after spending a few days with this one and getting to know it, I found it to be a pretty tasty product.  I rated it at 3.5/5.  For me, it's not something I'd use full time.  But, I can say I'd probably keep 2-3 cans in my freezer when I get a craving for a fruity type of flavor, or something a little different!  And, as always, it's great to see new snus.  Thanks to the companies still making snus when nicotine pouches are taking over the world of smokeless.  Go get some, try it out!




Our Video Review:

Comments