XRANGE Apple - Snus Review. 5 October 2023.

Recently, Swedish Match announced they were discontinuing a few products in the XRANGE series: XR Sparkling and XR Catch Raspberry Licorice.  XR Sparkling was one that I've enjoyed for quite a while. it also had a quasi-apple taste to it.  So, when I heard about this one, I was curious if the new XR Apple Slim White was a replacement for XR Sparkling.  Is it?  Well, when we get into the review we'll talk more about this one and find out!  The flavor description on this one says, "Light tobacco character with clear hints of apples and orange".  Each can weighs 16 grams and has 20 pouches, at 0.8g each.  The nicotine content sits at 8.75mg/g, which breaks down to 7mg/pouch.  It is interesting to note that XR formerly had 21 portions per can, but now has been cut down to 20.

Opening the can, I notice apple up front.  It's slightly peppery, has a little orange, and a mild tobacco base.  The portions are slim, soft, and semi-dry.  They're pretty comfortable under the lip, with a nice mouthfeel.  The flavor is mostly a tart taste of apple.  It's slightly tangy, with a touch of sweetness, along with a faint hint of orange in the background and a mild tobacco base.  The nicotine strength on this one feels to deliver right at the regular strength level.  I find the flavor hangs out a good hour on average.  But, for the ultimate question, is this rebranded XRANGE Sparkling?  To me, no, not really.  It is similar, in a way, and slightly reminiscent to it, but it doesn't taste the exact same to me.  That one seems to be more floral than this one, too.  To me, this tastes like a different flavor.

Rating and Final Thoughts

I rated this one at 3.42/5.  It wasn't a bad one.  The taste was pretty enjoyable.  While not a clone of GR XR Sparkling, I feel that this would be a good replacement for those who like that flavor.  This one was pretty similar, but slightly different to me.  I enjoyed it, and I love GR Sparkling.  I may end up putting more of this in my freezer on my next snus order.  If you want something with a pretty interesting taste, you'll probably dig this one!




Our Video Review:

Comments