LD Signum: Bergamot (White Portion Snus) - Review. 6 August 2023.

Finally!  I've been wanting to try this one for a while, and I recently got together an order of some stuff I wanted to review and cracked a can of this tasty snus. And oh boy, it's good.  Today, we have LD Signum Bergamott on deck, a product from Nordic Snus AB in Sweden.  I'm a big LD fan.  In fact, it's my #2 brand behind General in the traditional/bergamot flavor category.  Signum is their new "special" line, it seems.  I copped this one from SnusMe.com, so let me share the flavor description from there: "a light taste of tobacco, bergamot and hints of citrus".  Each can sits at 18g and has 20 portions, for 0.9g portions.  Nicotine at 10mg/g, and with 0.9g portions that's right at 9mg/portion.  So, let's crack a can and talk about it!
 
Going into this one, I was curious how it would compare to LD White Portion, which is also a bergamot flavored snus.  In the aroma, I seem to notice this one to be more balanced with tobacco/citrus.  LD White is more citrus forward, but this one seems to be more balanced with the bergamot and the tobacco base.  There's a dab of pepper to it, as well.  The portions are really nice; they feel great in the lip and have a soft feel to the touch.  The flavor comes on gradually, due to the white portion format.  In the flavor profile, it's pretty nicely balanced.  The bergamot is present, but gentle, and has a nice peppery tone to it.  It's evenly balanced out with the earthy tobacco base.  It's not a bold flavored snus by any means, and has a pretty gentle touch to the flavor presence.  In the nicotine strength, it feels to deliver around the regular level.  The flavor lasts a good hour, on average!

Rating and Final Thoughts

Great snus!  I put it at 3.92/5.  In this day and age, we don't see many new snus products.  But, Nordic Snus AB has been popping quite a few out lately, so I give them mad props for still putting out tobacco products in this tobacco-free world we live in.  I like LD White more, to be honest.  I like a more forward citrus flavor.  This one is more even with the tobacco.  Don't get me wrong, it's a great snus.  I enjoyed the flavor.  But I give the edge to LD White if I had to compare.  If you haven't had this one yet, though, go get some.  It's fantastic.  




Our Video Review:

Comments