Planet Nicotine Pouches - Review. 5 May 2023.

Today, we're going to be checking out a line of nicotine pouches I've been curious to check out.  This is Planet, a line made by Nicoplanet.  In this review, there are 8 products, each one representing a planet in the Solar System.  I guess they forget one, because there's no Pluto.  And to me, Pluto will always be a planet.  #TeamPluto, #GivePlutoAChance.  The flavors selected for each planet are quite interesting. Some of them make sense, some don't, and there's one major missed opportunity in this line.  But, we'll get into that in time.  In the reviews, we'll talk about what differs about them - mainly aroma and flavor.  But first, I want to talk about what they have in common.

Commonalities
Can Contents - 13g, 20 pouches, 0.65g each
Nicotine Strength - 16mg/g = 10.4mg/pouch

Pouch - All of these except one come in the slim, standard all white pouch.  One is blue, which we'll look at shortly.  They're relatively soft, but firm.  They're not super moist, but not super dry.  I find they have a pretty decent mouthfeel to them.
Nicotine Strength - I find these all to feel about the regular strength level, with a pretty steady, stable delivery of nicotine.
Flavor Longevity - These all seem to have about 35-40 minutes of flavor longevity.

Planet Mercury: Coconut
Flavor Description:  "A smooth coconut flavor".
Review:  Why coconut is reminiscent of mercury, I have no idea.  In the aroma, I pick up a present smell of coconut, along with a little menthol.  The flavor is very much the same, a pretty present taste of coconut.  I get a little cooling sensation with this one, but it's not an overly mint or mentholated flavor.

Planet Venus: Lemon
Flavor Description:  "A refreshing lemon flavor".
Review:  Like the last one, I dunno why lemon is the flavor they picked for Venus.  But here we go!  I pick up a faint lemon aroma with this one.  In the flavor profile, the lemon is mild, but tart.  It's slightly sweet, and has a gentle cooling sensation in the flavor.

Planet Earth: Sweetmint
Flavor Description:  "A sweet and fresh mint flavor".
Review:  If I had to guess what flavor they were going to pick, it would be mint.  Since mint is basically the most popular flavor on earth, it could only be mint.  In the aroma, I pick up a smooth, sweet taste of mint, along with a hint of menthol.  In the flavor profile, I notice a gentle, light, sweet taste of mint.  There's a dab of menthol to it, but it's not overpowering.

Planet Mars: Orange
Flavor Description:  "A fruity and tasty orange flavor".
Review:  The Earth one made sense, this one kind of does too.  Mars is the red planet, but in a certain light it does look kind of orange.  So, this one works.  In the aroma, I notice a mlid, gentle orange presence.  In the flavor, the orange taste is pretty clear, but subtle.  It's gentle in nature, with a tart presence to it.

Planet Jupiter: Vanilla
Flavor Description:  "A sweet vanilla flavor".
Review:  This is another one that doesn't make much sense to me.  I'm not sure how Jupiter and vanilla are connected, but here we go.  In the aroma, I notice it to be slightly mentholated.  The vanilla is mild in the smell, and not super presence.  In the flavor profile, the vanilla flavor is quite gentle, and mild.  It seems to have a touch of menthol to it, but isn't too overpowering.

Planet Saturn: Pineapple
Flavor Description:  "A fruity pineapple flavor that is rounded off with nice undertones of sweetness".
Review:  Much like the others, I'm not sure how pineapple connects to Saturn.  In the aroma, I pick up a present, tropical smell of pineapple.  In the flavor, it's a pretty straightforward pineapple taste.  It's present, tropical, and lightly sweet.

Planet "Uranium": Menthol
Flavor Description:  "A cool explosion of menthol".
Review:  As mentioned in the intro, this one is a major missed opportunity.  First of all, they call it "Uranium", but we know what this one is - Uranus.  And menthol?  Come on.  If they would have called this one "Uranus" and gave it a fudge flavor, it would have been much more interesting.  You'll notice this one has blue pouches, which is different from all the others.  In the aroma, I pick up menthol, but it's not a super medicinal menthol.  The flavor profile is sweet, and I find a present taste of menthol, but it's not super medicinal, which is nice.

Planet Neptune: Energy
Flavor Description:  "An energy drink flavor".
Review:  As a fan of Red Bull, and one who starts each day with a can, I was pretty intrigued to dive into this one and check it out.  I'm not sure why the energy drink flavor was connected with Neptune, though.  In the aroma, I pick up a tart berry aroma.  I notice a little menthol in the aroma, too.  In the flavor, it tastes like an energy drink.  There's a present, tart berry taste with a subtle sweetness.  There's also a gentle cooling presence to this one.

Rating and Final Thoughts

My ratings for these are all over the place.  So, I'll sort them out.  Neptune (Energy) was my favorite, at 3.25/5.  Following it were Mercury (Coconut) and Saturn (Pineapple) at 3.17/5.  Next, you'll find Venus (Lemon), Earth (Mint), Mars (Orange), and Uranium (Menthol) at 3.08/5.  Lastly, Jupiter (Vanilla) at 2.92/5, because I couldn't really get into the vanilla flavor on this one.  And there you have it!  All in all, not a bad line.  I'm still not happy they left out Pluto, but our movement continues!  

These are available at BuySnus.com.  Use code SNUBIE10 for 10% off!






Our Video Review:

Comments