Artisan Dark Vanilla (White Portion) - Review. 13 May 2022.

We're 3 months away from Artisan Snus being a year old, so I'd say it's about time we dropped another new product!  Artisan Snus, for those not aware, is my line of snus.  This is a line that I created with The Snus Factory in Sweden, and was brought to life thanks to input from the snus community!  This isn't technically a "new flavor", we launched Artisan Dark Vanilla (Original Portion) as part of the original Artisan Snus line.  But we felt like it was time to add a new variant to this line in the white portion format.  This is a special product, when Artisan Dark Vanilla launched it was the first, full time produced, premium vanilla flavored snus on the market.  Dark Vanilla is a flavor people have asked me to make for many years, so I was excited to bring this to the masses!

The flavor description for this one (that I wrote) says, "Artisan Dark Vanilla White Portion utilizes premium Madagascar vanilla to yield a rich, dark taste of vanilla".  

So, this snus is one that comes in the white portion format.  Why, you may be asking, did we launch a white portion after an original portion?  Well, originally I wanted this snus to come in a white portion, as I felt like the flavor was better balanced.  But, the community voted on original portion, so that's what we released first.  But now, I'm releasing the white portion because, well, I really like the white portion version.  

On the side of every can of Artisan you'll find a craft seal.  On the craft seal you'll find a list of where we source our premium tobaccos from.  For this one, we use tobaccos from India, Guatemala, and the USA.  You'll also find my signature on the side, showing that I personally signed off on, and approved of, this batch.  The nicotine strength is listed as stark.  The nicotine strength in total is 17mg/g, but with the 0.8 gram portions in this can that actually decreases to 13.6mg/portion, which is, of course, the stark/strong level.

As mentioned above, these portions sit at 0.8 grams each.  There's a 16 gram total can weight, and 20 portions per can.  Opening up the can, the aroma that comes through is quite smooth and balanced.  The dark vanilla character is well complimented with the dark tobacco aroma.  The portions have a lower moisture amount to allow for a long lasting, smooth flavor.  They are soft, and comfortable under the lip, but we kept them slightly lower in moisture than the average white portion.  The flavor is quite good on this one.  I know our Dark Vanilla Original Portion is a fan favorite, but to me, I think this one is better.  The rich, dark Madagascar vanilla taste is smooth, gentle, and relaxed.  It's balanced out quite well with our dark tobacco blend.  A beautiful pairing!  In the strength, it feels to be about the strong level.  13.6mg/portion puts it right at the strong level and it delivers in a smooth, steady way.  The flavor hangs out quite a while, I've had these in for up to 1.5-2 hours!

In my reviews, this is usually when I'd do a rating.  However, people told me it was weird for me to rate my own products, so I don't do it for these.  But, Dark Vanilla is a flavor I'm quite proud of.  It was one that was overwhelmingly voted on and suggested, mainly because the snus world was lacking a premium, top-shelf vanilla snus.  Yes, I know, some are big fans of our original portion version, but I think this one is a little better, myself.  As of today (May 13th) it's not officially out yet, but it is set to launch within the next week or so.  As always, if you want a list of stores you can find it at, you can click here to see everywhere Artisan is sold - https://artisansnus.com/artisan/buy-here.  I couldn't be more excited about this new release, and I hope you all enjoy it!  Thanks for being fans and supporters of Snubie.com and Artisan Snus.  This line wouldn't exist without YOU!

Our Video Review:

Comments