Knox Karaktär Purple (White Portion) - Review. 12 April 2023.

It's funny, this snus has been out for several months.  And, I love the taste of blackcurrant.  It's just taken me a while to get around to reviewing this one.  It seems like most times I go to do an order, from whatever store I'm ordering from, they don't have it.  Well, I was recently doing an order from SnusCENTRAL.com, and they had it in stock.  So, today we're going to be talking about Knox Purple!  I like licorice, and I like blackcurrant, so I was definitely curious to check this one out.  The flavor description for this one says, "A full-bodied tobacco flavor topped with nuances of licorice and black currant".  Each can weighs in at 19.2 grams and has 22 portions, for 0.87g each.  The nicotine content is 12mg/g (1.2%), or 10.44mg/portion.

Going into this one - my hope was a whole lot of blackcurrant taste with just a dash of licorice in the mix.  It seems to be the other way around - more licorice in flavor and a little blackcurrant kicking around.  The aroma of this one is a present smell of black licorice.  There's a light sweetness to it, and subtle tones of blackcurrant.  The portions are plump, semi-soft, and semi-moist.  They have a nice feel under the lip.  In the flavor profile, it's mostly licorice.  The black licorice taste is present, and complimented by a little blackcurrant.  Overall, the taste is a mild one, and semi-sweet in nature.  In the nicotine strength, this one feels to deliver about the regular strength level.  The flavor hangs out for about an hour, on average.

Rating and Final Thoughts

So, was it what I was hoping for?  No, sadly not.  But is it a good snus?  Absolutely.  I rated it at 3.67/5.  It has a great flavor.  I wanted a snus that was more blackcurrant, but in the end this one turned out to be more licorice than anything.  Nothing wrong with that, I like licorice snus, I just wish it had a lot more blackcurrant to the flavor.  So, that was a bummer.  But, really no big deal.  This one is a pretty good snus and I enjoyed the flavor profile!  



Our Video Review:

Comments