Small Batch #31 Bloody Mary (Limited Edition) - Review. 31 March 2023.

The Small Batch series is a line of limited edition products made by Swedish Match and released a few times a year.  It's one that is only available in Sweden via the Swedish Match e-store and in their stores.  I used to have a buddy in Sweden that would grab them for me, but after he moved a while back I haven't been able to get them as much.  However, from time to time, the SnusMe.com e-store gets some, and will throw it in with random orders here and there, and I got a can in a recent order I did!  So, today we get to try out their interesting take on the Bloody Mary flavor profile!  For those who may not know, the Bloody Mary is a drink that is believed to have originated between 1920 and 1930.  The origins are murky, so I won't get too much into that.  This drink usually contains vodka, tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, celery salt, Tabasco and lemon juice.  It's not for everyone, but some dig it.

The flavor description says, "Small Batch #31 has a dark and spicy character with hints of tomato juice, black pepper, coriander and horseradish".  Each can weighs 24 grams and has 24 portions, weighing 1 gram each.  The nicotine content on their website says 8mg/g, which would be 8mg/portion due to the 1g portions.

Opening the aroma, I did detect a mild tomato aroma.  It's not super powerful, and seems almost like a muted sun-dried tomato.  There is a mild base tobacco with a little black pepper kicking around.  I do pick up coriander, but not horseradish.  The coriander presence is woodsy, and slightly herbal.  The portions come in the Star Formation, so I suggest fluffing them to soften them up.  Under the lip they have a nice mouthfeel, and are soft against the gum.  In the flavor, it's an interesting one.  The tomato is there, but is pretty mild.  It's milder, and again, like a sun-dried tomato.  The tobacco base is gentle, and lightly earthy.  I notice some pepper to it, but it's not too overly spicy.  The coriander presence is there, and is slightly woodsy, with an herbal character.  There's a very subtle sweetness to it, but it's not overdone.  In the nicotine strength, this one feels about regular.  The flavor lasts about 40-50 minutes, on average.

Rating and Final Thoughts

I didn't know what to expect with this one.  I don't drink Bloody Mary cocktails, personally, but I love tomatoes.  So, I figured this would be hit or miss.  However, I didn't find it too strange.  I rated this one at 3.54/5.  Don't get me wrong, it's an odd flavor.  But, that's the kind of stuff I dig.  I like when companies will think outside the box and come up with unique flavors.  A Bloody Mary flavor means it isn't another mint snus, so that's a good thing in my book!  All in all, at the end of the day, not bad!



Our Video Review:

Comments

  1. Snubie, how do you rate it in your small batch series rating thing you used to have!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since it became so hard to get these, I stopped doing it. Now I just rate them like other products. It'd probably be about mid-range for me.

      -Chad

      Delete

Post a Comment