Gaia Snus (Lös) - Review. 8 March 2023.

Today, I'm excited to talk about a new snus I've been looking forward to reviewing.  This is Gaia Snus, a company making small batch, craft snus in Sweden!  As someone with my own snus line and relatively small company, I like supporting others who are small/new/just starting up!  Gaia started in 2015, but was formalized in 2020.  What's cool about them is that they use all organic tobacco.  They actually grow their own tobacco on 5 farms in Sweden.  There isn't as much Swedish grown tobacco as there used to be in snus, so this is a neat addition!  In their products, they use two kinds of tobacco:  Alida, a Swedish tobacco with a milder taste, and Aztek tobacco, one with a more robust taste.  Interesting fact about Aztek tobacco, it was "cultivated and used for ages when Jean Nicot de Villemain introduced tobacco to the French court", which as we know was the origin of nasal snuff which led to the creation of Swedish Snus!  Now, let's get to know this snus!

Flavor Description - "A snus with no added flavor and a mild but clear tobacco taste".

I want to note on that "no added flavor", that's something not a lot of companies do!  We do it with our Artisan Signature Blend, but hardly anyone does that anymore.  So, that's impressive.  With everything being flavored or tobacco-free these days, you don't make a "no added flavor" snus to make money, that's for sure.  Hardly anyone makes lös anymore so you don't make lös to "get rich".  You do it because you love snus.

Contents - 40 grams
Nicotine Strength - 8mg/g (0.8%)

Opening the can, the aroma that comes through is quite beautiful.  This one has a rich tobacco aroma!  It's earthy, with a slight smoke, and a faint hint of wood.  The loose is great.  With a fine grind, it's easy to bake and throw in the lip.  It's a moist tobacco, that bakes well, and has a quick release of flavor.  The taste is absolutely beautiful.  If you love tobacco, you'll love this snus.  It's a robust tobacco, simple, and earthy.  It's slightly dark in nature, but not too heavy.  I notice a subtle wood character, and almost a slight touch of smoke.  The nicotine level really depends on the prilla size you bake.  I'm usually between 2-3 grams myself, and I notice it to have a steady delivery of nicotine between the regular to strong level.  The flavor lasts about 40-45 minutes, and the snus stays well packed the whole time!

Rating and Final Thoughts

As I mentioned before, with everything being flavored snus, mint flavored, or tobacco-free, you don't make a "no flavor added" lös snus to get rich, you do it because you love snus.  And their love of snus shows through with this product.  I rated it at 4.5/5.  I have rarely rated products that high, so that should tell you how impressed I was with this one and how much I enjoyed it!

As far as I know, these are only available in Sweden at this time, and you can grab some from their website at http://gaiasnus.com!



Comments