Loop Red Chili Melon (Nicotine Pouches) - Review. 27 February 2023.

The Loop Nicotine Pouches line launched back in 2020, produced by Another Snus Factory in Sweden.  Yes, they mostly make nicotine pouches but do have a few snus products out now.  In my ranking of nicotine pouches, or "hierarchy" if you will, Loop is one of the brands I rank at the top along with Ace, Zyn, Velo, Lyft, and the like.  It's a high quality line with a wide variety of flavors.  Today, we're checking out one that's been out for a few months now but I'm just now catching up on: Red Chili Melon.  The Loop line has a tendency to blend spicy peppers with other flavors, and this is a new entry into that flavor profile.   The flavor description says, "sweet juicy watermelon with notes of spicy red chili".  The can weighs in at 15g and has 24 pouches for 0.625g each.  The nicotine content is 15mg/g, which breaks down to 9.37mg/pouch.

When you open the can, the aroma is a spicy watermelon smell.  It smells really awesome.  I pick up sweet watermelon at first, then some spicy notes of red chili.  It delivers as promised!  The pouches are slim, and soft.  They have a great fit in the lip, and are comfortable against the gum.  There's also a slight burn when you put one in.  The pouches are moderately moist, so they do have a pretty quick release of flavor, which I dig.  The taste is quite good.  The watermelon is sweet, the chili is slightly spicy, the two work well together!  Here in the south, people like to put Tajin (a spicy Latin seasoning) on watermelon, and this reminds me a lot of that.  It's delicious.   The nicotine kick feels a little above the regular mark, and the flavor lasts about 40-45 minutes or so.  

Rating and Final Thoughts

This was a pretty awesome product, no lie.  I didn't know what to expect going into it, but I loved the taste.  Flavor alone, I rated it at 3.25/5.  Overall, it sits at 3.42/5.  If you like melon, this one is going to be a must try.  I love the spicy kick you get with the sweet taste of watermelon.  For me, personally, I say it's great.  If you like melon, you'll want to grab some.  Or, if you just want to try something different, go for it!

This product available at Snusdirect.com!



Comments

  1. Excellent review. Have you ever tried pouches from Iceberg?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, I don't mess with those. -Chad

      Delete
  2. Good on you to ease a little on your Snus Vs NP stance. They are both here to stay and whatever gets people safely off the coffin-nails is a major plus in my book.

    You were always the goto guy to read about Snus in the US. Glad to see you’ll be the guy for NP as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a big user of them, but they exist, and they help people quit smoking. My hope was that eventually somebody would become the "snubie of nicotine pouches" but nobody has seemed to pick up the ball and run with it. So, I do it, mainly to talk about the more reputable nicotine pouches and steer people in the right direction and less towards the less-reputable / super high nicotine stuff.

      Delete

Post a Comment