Lundgren's Lägereld - Review. 26 January 2023.

It's a new year, and that of course means one thing:  new snus!  Well, a few new snus products.  Since nicotine pouches have taken over the universe, we don't see as much new snus as we used to.  So, as you can tell, I get pretty excited when new products come out.  This is a new one from Fielder and Lundgren in the Lundgren's Snus series.  Called "Lägereld", this one translates to "campfire" in English.  The flavor description makes this one sound really intriguing:  "Lundgren's Lägereld White Portion with flavors of juniper and blackcurrant leaves with notes of spring primroses and elderberries".  The can mentions "rökta enbär" which means "smoked juniper", so that is....different.  Each can weighs 17.6g and has 22 portions, for 0.8g each.  The nicotine content is 10mg/g (1.0%), which breaks down to 8mg/portion.
  
Going into this one, I was definitely not sure what to expect.  I've heard others describe it differently.  So I went into this one ready to see what it was all about!  At first, I smell an aroma of smoke.  Right behind it, something that is kind of herbal, reminding me slightly of dill.  There's a slight floral tone, and a faint dark berry presence.  It's very....interesting.  The pouches come in the perforated pouch format that is common of the Lundgrens series.  It's semi-dry, and has little holes in it that provide a quicker flavor release than your standard white portion.  The flavor comes on pretty quickly once putting a pouch under the lip.  The smoke flavor is what I pick up the most.  I notice a little juniper in the mix, along with a faint herbal tone.  Like the aroma, for some reason it makes me think of dill.  There's subtle floral tones, and a mild, earthy tobacco base.  There is some kind of berry in the mix, but it's darker, more earthy, and not really sweet.  It's a very interesting flavor profile.  The nicotine strength delivers at about the regular level, with a steady, stable delivery.  The flavor lasts a good hour, sometimes just a little bit more.

Rating and Final Thoughts

This one was certainly interesting.  Don't get me wrong - I get excited for new snus products.  And I really dig Fiedler and Lundgren's stuff.  They make one of my favorite products - Norrland White.  But this one, I didn't really like so much.  I rated the aroma/flavor at 2.25/5, which is pretty low.  Overall, it turned out at 3.08/5.  I mean, you may like it.  It's certainly different.  But for me, I dunno.  The flavors just seemed all over the place and didn't really match up for me.  Your experience may vary, so if it sounds good to you, give it a go!

This product is available at SnusExpress.com if you want to check it out!  Here's a purchase link - https://www.snusexpress.com/us/en/brands/lundgrens/lundgrens-l-gereld-vit-1422.



Comments