Small Batch #29 (Cardamomo) - Review. 26 November 2022.

I recently stumbled across the latest release in Swedish Match's Small Batch Series:  this is #29, Cardamomo!  It's been since #25 Electonic that I've had one, so it's fun to revisit this series.  My friend Michael that used to send me these moved out of Sweden, and since Swedish Match doesn't let non-Swedes enjoy their limited editions, these have sadly been out of my reach.  Rather than jump through hoops they put before consumers, I've decided not to review them unless they fall into my lap.  That being said, this one did, so here we go!  The flavor description for this one says, "Small Batch #29 Cardamomo has a dark roasted character with flavors of cocoa and mocha and notes of almond and cardamom".  Each can weighs 24 gram and has 24 portions, for 1 gram each.  I noticed SM finally put the nicotine strength up for these, they used to not have it available, but now we know it sits right at 8mg/g (0.8%), or 8mg/portion!

Opening the can, the aroma on this one is quite interesting.  I like cardamom a lot, and it's very rare to find it in a snus.  I notice chocolate right off the bat, with tones of mocha.  It's slightly nutty, and has clear hints of cardamom along with a slightly herbal essence.  The portions are the standard white portion; I find them semi-moist, with a soft feel in the mouth.  The flavor is very intriguing to me, it's very different.  It's chocolatey for sure, with clear elements of mocha.  It's semi-nutty, and I notice the cardamom very clearly.  It also has a nice herbal essence to it, with almost a hint of anis.  The nicotine strength on this one clearly delivers at the regular level.  I find the flavor hangs out for about an hour, on average!

Rating and Final Thoughts

I used to do a ranking of the Small Batch series, but since I can't ever seem to get them anymore, I stopped doing that.  I'll simply be going with my rating from now on.  This one I rated at 3.79/5.  Honestly, it's super tasty.  Cardamom and Chocolate mix very well together in the flavor profile for this one.  Now, if you want to try it out in you're in the US, this one is a hard get.  However, if you're in Sweden, which is basically the only place you can find it, grab a can, it's pretty tasty!



Comments