Oden's Double Mint (White Portion) - Review. 2 September 2022.

It is very, very rare that I miss a product.  For the past 13 years, I've reviewed every snus on the market.  When a new product launches, usually I have a review of it up here within a week.  I recently got a bunch of Oden's products for, what I thought was, re-review.  Today I got this one out to review, and was going through my old reviews and it turns out, for some reason, I've never reviewed this one.  But, GNT has like 100 products, so it's okay I guess that one fell through the cracks.  The description for this one says, "Well rounded and flavorful tobacco blend with cooling flavors of mint and menthol".  Each can weighs 20 grams and has 20 portions, for 1g each.  The nicotine content is 9mg/g (0.9%), or 9mg/portion.

When you open the can, a smooth, semi-sweet mint aroma greets you. It's mostly a gentle peppermint, but there's a hint of menthol in the mix. The portion is semi-moist, and soft.  It does need some fluffing, though.  That helps loosen up the tobacco and makes it more comfortable.  Under the lip, I get a gentle cooling presence, as well.  In the flavor profile, it's a pretty nice balance of mint and menthol.  The peppermint is subtle, semi-sharp, and lightly sweet. There's a touch of menthol in the back, but not too overly mentholated.  This one isn't super strong, which is rare for GNT.  I find this one hits right at the regular strength level.  The flavor hangs out for about an hour, on average.

Rating and Final Thoughts

In the end, this one sits right at 3.33/5 for me.  It's not a bad snus!  If you like menthol, you'll probably enjoy the interesting take on this flavor profile.  I'm not the biggest fan of overly-mentholated snus products, but this one definitely isn't overdone, by any means.  It's pretty well balanced, and fresh.  If you're a mint fan, you may enjoy this one!



Comments