Shiro Nicotine Pouches (04 Spiced Blonde & 05 Sour Lime) - Review. 2 July 2022.

Recently, AG Snus in Denmark rebranded/redesigned/relaunched their Shiro Nicotine Pouches lineup.  I did a review of the first ones that launched:  01, 02, 03, and 06.  Like Swedish Match, they launched theirs out of order, as these two just popped up at Snusdirect.com.  Like other Shiro products, these come in 12.6 gram cans.  I counted 21 portions in each can, which would give a portion weight of 0.6 grams each.  The nicotine content is about regular strength.  Each portion has 8.4mg/pouch, which in total would put these at 14mg/g (1.4%).  Nicotine per portion is what matters most, but I still like to give the total number.

Shiro 04 Spiced Blonde

Flavor Description:  "A fresh, tropical, fruity flavor".
Review:  This one is a pretty intriguing one!  The aroma seems to be a little passionfruit, and some mango.  It's tropical, refreshing, and very lightly sweet.  The pouches are smaller in size, slim, and very soft under the upper lip.  In the flavor, I notice a tropical mix that seems to remind me of kiwi, mango, and passionfruit.  It's tropical, lightly sweet, and pretty refreshing!  The nicotine strength feels about regular.  I find the flavor to hang out about 40-45 minutes.

Shiro 05 Sour Lime

Flavor Description:  "A super-refreshing lime flavor that uplifts you with a sour hit".
Review:  This is the one I was most looking forward to trying out.  I love citrus, but I'm a big fan of the lime flavor.  Honestly, lime isn't a very common flavor with snus, or nicotine pouches.  The aroma is a tart, sour, present aroma of lime.  The pouch is smaller in size, slim, and quite soft under the upper lip!  In the flavor profile, it's very tasty.  The lime flavor is very straightforward.  It's a natural taste, and lightly tart.  It's has just a faint touch of sweetness but not overdone.  The nicotine strength feels about regular on this one, and the flavor lasts about 40-45 minutes.

Rating and Final Thoughts

These honestly weren't too bad!  I like the new can designs, I like that they're regular strength, and these are two of the more interesting flavors so far in the new Shiro family.  I liked the lime one more, and it ended up at 3.17/5.  But, the tropical one wasn't too bad either, and it ended up at 3.08/5.  Both are quite tasty, and I'd definitely recommend them to nicotine pouch consumers.  I like the new direction of the Shiro line, and I'm looking forward to seeing where AG Snus goes with it.

NOTE:  This product available for purchase at Snusdirect.com!



Comments