Zyn Black Cherry (Mini Dry) Nicotine Pouches - Review. 19 May 2022.

Swedish Match's Zyn series is arguably the most popular nicotine pouch brand around, but moreso for their mini dry format, which also has a large foothold in the US.  They recently launched two new variants in the Zyn mini dry family:  Gold (tobacco flavored) and Black Cherry!  Today, we're going to be talking about the Black Cherry one.  This particular one launched in Sweden, and I'm not sure if this is one that's coming to the US or not.  I didn't buy this one locally, I grabbed it from Snusdirect.com.  The flavor description for this one says, "It has a subtle, light tobacco character with a sweet finish, like Virginia leaf, enabling you to enjoy a taste remarkably similar to the real deal".  Each can weighs 8 grams and has 20 pouches for 0.4g each.  The 2/4 one has a strength of 3mg/pouch, which is 7.5mg/g in total.  The 4/4 one has a nicotine strength of 6mg/pouch, which is 15mg/g in total.

I'm just going to review these two together since they're basically the same other than strength.  I can tell you from experience, black cherry is a hard taste to make.  I've experimented with it before and it's a hard flavor to get just right.  In the aroma, it's a subtle, smooth, sweet smell of black cherry.  The pouches are light in weight, small, and dry.  They're not super comfortable at first, but as they get more moist they get more comfortable.  The taste is quite good!  It's a nice black cherry taste with subtle, sweet, fruity notes of black cherry.  In the strength, the 2/4 one is incredibly light, like I don't even get any nicotine from it.  In the 4/4 one, it's still light, but closer to regular strength.  I find the flavor lasts about 30-40 minutes, max.

Rating and Final Thoughts

This one was pretty tasty.  Black cherry isn't a common taste, but it's an enjoyable one.  It's more balanced, not as sweet, and something you can use all day.  I rated it at 3.17/5.  While I don't use a lot of nicotine pouches myself, I found this to be an appealing one that I think people who use nicotine pouches would enjoy.  

NOTE:  Zyn Nicotine Pouches are available at Snusdirect.com.



Comments