NTSU Black (Nasal Snuff) - Review. 19 April 2022.

Over the past year, I decided to start reviewing a wider range of tobacco products that I enjoy.  I love snus, but I've recently started reviewing other products like American dip and nasal snuff.  I've used nasal snuff since 2009 or 2010, but I never really reviewed it much until recently.  Now, you'll find nasal snuff reviews here at Snubie.com!  Today, we're talking about an interesting one:  NTSU Black.  I've seen this one around before, but have never tried it until this review.  I honestly can't find much about it online.  The can mentions M.L.P. Distributors, out of South Africa, but that's about all I know about this one.  I found it on MrSnuff.com, which describes it thusly:  "The blend of dark flue-cured tobaccos result in a rich, moist and pungent mixture".  This tin weighs in at 15 grams.

Opening the tin, an earthy tobacco aroma comes through with a semi-sweet base.  The grind of this one is different from the usual snuff I use, it's semi-moist, and pretty coarse!  I read some tips from others who said to try to take it to the front of the nose, which, to be honest, does take some practice.  It's not too challenging, but it does take some practice.  The aroma of this one is pretty interesting.  It's a simple, straight up tobacco smell.  It's a little earthy but I pull out faint hints of wood and hay.  I've had others call it "barnyard", which definitely jives.  I don't really notice much of a major drip, or too heavy of a throat hit.  It's got a pretty solid kick to it in nicotine, though!  In terms of after-aroma, the tobacco presence hangs out for a bit, but that's about it.

Rating and Final Thoughts

I was pretty curious about this one, and I'm glad I got to try it finally.  If you've read my nasal snuff reviews, I'm more into the tobacco character, and I'm not a big menthol person.  So, this one really hit the spot.  I loved the natural, earthy, present tobacco character.  I gave it a 3.33/5.  If you're new to snuff, you might not start with this one, but it's one you'll want to try out at some point!

I grabbed this from MrSnuff.com.  You can too.  Use code SNUBIE for a sweet discount.



Comments

  1. I would love to see you review some American scotch snuffs. I amassed a large number in the past 4 months including vintage ones as well. I think you would enjoy the differences in tobacco bases with some of them, and I'd like to hear your thoughts on them. This is a snuff I'd love to try, and I will be getting it in my next order. I used your code for a discount on Mrsnuff for my first order with them and shipping took less than a week. I do recommend them as they have even snuffs I can not find here in NC (Bruton or any USST products in general I can not find anywhere, and barely any W.E. Garrett!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment