Gawith Original (Nasal Snuff) - Review. 19 April 2022.

Over the past year, I decided to start reviewing a wider range of tobacco products that I enjoy.  I love snus, but I've recently started reviewing other products like American dip and nasal snuff.  I've used nasal snuff since 2009 or 2010, but I never really reviewed it much until recently.  Now, you'll find nasal snuff reviews here at Snubie.com!  Today we're talking about Gawith Original Snuff, a product by Pöschl, out of Germany.  This is one I've got quite a few requests for it.  I had it a few years ago, but it's been a while so it's been fun diving back into this one again!  The description I found on MrSnuff.com says, "An apricot and spice mixture wrapped in a light coating of menthol".  The tin weighs in at 10 grams.

So, reading the description, you'd think this is an apricot snuff with a dash of menthol.  To me, it's mostly menthol with a faint apricot.  The note that comes right off the tin is similar to peach.  There's a pretty big menthol presence, and a slight sweetness to it.  The grind is about mid-fine, and mid-moist.  I find this one pretty easy to take, as well.  No major throat hit or drip with this one!  In the nose, it's mostly menthol.  I do notice a little peach/apricot mix in there, but it's not very present.  It has a slight sweetness to it, but it's not overly sweet.  The nicotine kick feels about moderate, and isn't too strong.  In the after-effect, I notice some menthol that lingers for a bit, but that's about it.

Rating and Final Thoughts

This one wasn't bad.  I'm honestly not the biggest fan of menthol snuffs, so without the menthol I think I would have enjoyed this one more.  The apricot presence is just a little weaker than I remembered.  I think if it was more apricot and less (or no) menthol, it would have been much better.  I rated it at 3.38/5.  However, if you're one who likes menthol snuffs, this one is different from others on the market so you may enjoy it more than I did.

I scored this one from MrSnuff.com.  You can grab it there, too.  Use code SNUBIE to cop a sweet discount.



Comments

  1. You’re right. The apricot taste used to be stronger. The EU ban on flavoured cigarettes affected snuff also, so now all the Pöschl flavours are weaker :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the apricot peach scent is actually very strong so maybe it has changed or my nose is different. Especially when you are outside and the temp is below 75 degrees the smell really hits you and it’s like waking in a peach farm.. the menthol is also very light for me when outside.. wish the nic was stronger on this one as it’s sooo delicious but I can take giant heaps of it to make up for that. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment