Copenhagen (Pouches) American Snuff/Dip - Review. 19 April 2022.

Last year, I decided to start reviewing more tobacco products (those other than snus).  Yes, I am still a snus guy.  And yes, I still think Swedish Snus is the best, highest quality, and safest smokeless tobacco product on the market.  However, as a lover of all things tobacco, I decided to dive into the world of American moist snuff/dip.  Also, I wanted to do it because no one is really writing detail oriented reviews like this, so it helps add to the historical record.  Today, we're checking out one by USST (an Altria company):  Copenhagen Pouches!  While the Copenhagen brand launched in 1822, this is a newer one, having launched in 2011.  The flavor description says, "Crafted for convenience and crafted with classic Copenhagen flavor".  Each can weighs 0.82 oz (23.25g), and has 15 pouches, at 1.55 grams each.  The nicotine content I found listed online is 11.2mg/g.  The side of the can notes that this one has 100% US tobacco.

NOTE:  Traditionally, people put dipping tobacco and dip pouches in the lower lip.  However, I'm a snus guy, so I usually put mine in the upper lip.  It means less spit, so you get a longer lasting flavor, and a more enjoyable experience, in my opinion.

When you open the can, a beautiful aroma greets you.  It's a rich tobacco smell.  It's semi-dark in nature, with a subtle spice to it, and a little wood and smoke.  As someone who loves tobacco, this smells great.  The pouches are plump, moist, and fill out the lip quite well.  As noted above, I put my pouches in the upper lip for maximum enjoyment.  The flavor is top notch.  It has a rich tobacco taste, not too weak, not too bold, but just right.  There's some subtle notes of hickory and some smokiness to it.  It has a little spice to it, but also a faint sweetness.  It's a very well balanced flavor profile.  In terms of nicotine strength, it feels to be about the regular, baseline.  The flavor lasts about 45-50 minutes, on average.

Rating and Final Thoughts

As a tobacco lover, I enjoyed the taste of this one.  Granted, I'm not a dipper.  But, I enjoy the taste of tobacco so I really enjoyed this one.  I rated it at 3.71/5.  When it comes to dip, I like the more "natural" tasting products, and this one definitely hits the mark for what I look for in a flavor.  I enjoy straights from time to time, but this is more of something you could use all day, every day.  So, if you're a dipper and like the taste of rich tobacco, this is one you'll want to check out.



Comments

  1. I put the pouches bottom cheek at the back and seem to get the best flavor that way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment