Hit (Nicotine Pouches) - Review. 20 February 2022.

I was browsing Snus24.com recently, and found a new line of nicotine pouches sold there called "Hit".  I'm more of a snus guy and I've cut back on my nicotine pouch reviews here, so I don't chase down every nicotine pouch on the market anymore.  However, I saw that these were made by GN Tobacco, so I was curious.  Until recently, GN Tobacco's only nicotine pouches were the White Fox line.  Now, they've expanded that with Hit.  Hit launched with four flavors:  Blackberry, Blueberry, Lemongrass, and Dr. Pepper.  Honestly, Dr. Pepper was the main reason I wanted to try these because it's one of my favorite sodas.  In terms of what these have in common, the cans weigh 15 grams and have 20 portions, for 0.75 grams each.  The nicotine content is 20mg/g (2.0%) for all these, which is 15mg/portion.  In the reviews, we'll cover what separates them (aroma and flavor), but first I want to talk about what they have in common.

Commonalities:
Portion/Mouthfeel - The portions are small in size, and semi-moist.  I also noticed the portions seem to vary in color based on product.
Nicotine Strength - In terms of strength, these all feel to be about the extra strong level.
Flavor Longevity - The flavor seems to average about 40 minutes each.

Now, let's talk about how they're different:  aroma and flavor!

Hit Blackberry

Flavor Description:  "A fresh taste of blackberries."
Review:  In the aroma, this one has a sweet, present smell of blackberry.  In the flavor, it's a straightforward blackberry taste.  Not too weak, not too strong, with some sweetness to it and a floral/perfumey presence.

Hit Blueberry

Flavor Description:  "A fresh taste of blueberries."
Review:  This one has a mild blueberry aroma, with a slight floral hint to it.  In the flavor, the blueberry is quite mild.  But it's a floral, almost perfumey blueberry taste.

 
Hit Lemongrass

Flavor Description:  "A refreshing flavor of lemon and natural herbs."
Review:  In the aroma, this one has a tart smell of lemon with a slight herbal hint.  The flavor is a tart, lightly sweet flavor of lemon.  I pick up some herbal notes, along with some light floral notes, as well.

 
Hit Dr. Pepper

Flavor Description:  "The classic taste of the legendary drink, Dr. Pepper.  A mix of cherry flavor and the fans' favorite beverage: Dr. Pepper."
Review:  Of the four, this is the one I was most curious about.  Dr. Pepper is one of my favorite sodas, and I was curious about how the flavor would translate and if it would be like the regular taste of Dr. Pepper.  In the aroma, I did pick up some cherry, but it has a strange perfumey quality to it, almost like potpourri.  In the flavor, it's a perfumey taste that reminds me of soap/shampoo.  There's a very faint cherry taste to it, but it doesn't remind me of Dr. Pepper.

Rating and Final Thoughts

These were intriguing, but I can't say in the end I enjoyed them much.  Of the four, the only one that wasn't too bad was Lemongrass, which I rated at 3.17/5.  The others came in lower:  Blueberry and Blackberry at 2.83/5, and Dr. Pepper at 2.67/5.  Dr. Pepper scored a 1.5 on flavor, which for me is pretty low.  That's the one I wanted to like the most, but in the end I just didn't really like it.  It tasted so strange, and nothing like Dr. Pepper.  I can't say I enjoyed these too much, so I don't know if I'd recommend them or not.  Even though I'm not really a nicotine pouch user, I think there are better ones out there.

Hit Nicotine Pouches are available from SnusDirect.com.



Comments

Post a Comment