Lundgren's Fjällen (Slim White Portion) - Review. 31 January 2022.

Some of you may remember, back in the Winter of 2018, Fiedler & Lundgren released Lundgren's Kebnekaise, a limited edition snus release.  It proved popular enough that they brought it back as Lundgren's Fjällen (Perforated White Portion) in May of 2020.  It seems as though that popular proved popular, as they have now added a slim white portion variant of that flavor to the Lundgren's line!  I grabbed a can of this recently from SnusMe.com and figured I'd give it a try!  The flavor description for this snus says, "A flavor inspired by the flora of the Swedish mountains, with hints of cloudberry".  Each can weighs in at 15.4 grams and has 22 portions for 0.7 grams each.  The nicotine content is 10mg/g (1.0%), or 7mg/portion.

If you've had the regular, full sized version of this one, you'll notice it's quite similar.  The only major change is the portion format.  When you open the can, you'll notice it's a very natural experience.  I pick up notes of pine, along with a mild tobacco character.  There's a tart, semi-sweet berry smell, as well.  The portions are slim, lighter in weight, and semi-dry to the touch, but still pretty comfortable in the lip.  Like the aroma, the flavor is very natural, and outdoorsy.  The tart berry comes through clearly, along with a hint of pine and a mild tobacco character.  There's a subtle sweetness, but it's not overdone.  The nicotine level feels about regular, and the flavor lasts about an hour, on average.

Rating and Final Thoughts

This one ended up at 3.33/5 for me.  It's not a bad snus, it's not an extraordinary snus.  For me, it's a little better than average.  Don't get me wrong, I get excited anytime new snus comes out and I'm glad to see anything new that isn't a nicotine pouch.  If you like the regular sized Fjällen but want a variant that isn't perforated, you'll probably really enjoy this one.  For me, it's an occasional product, something I could see myself getting if I got a craving for it.  But, kudos and thanks to F and L for still making snus for us snus lovers!

This product available for purchase at SnusDirect.com!

Comments