Starr Peach (Chewing Tobacco) - Review. 31 December 2021.

For most of 2021, I've been reviewing a lot, and I mean a lot of nicotine pouches.  I recently decided to do less nicotine pouch reviews and more tobacco reviews.  Since there aren't many new snus products coming out these days, I decided to expand my reviews here to cover the occasional dip, chewing tobacco, and/or nasal snuff.  While I'm still an exclusive snus user, I like to review the occasional something different.  Case in point, today's reviewing:  Starr Peach Chewing Tobacco.  This is a product by Fat Lip Brands, which is a Swisher company.  It is relatively new, having launched in April of 2007.  I bought it locally, but pulled the flavor description from Northerner.com:  "A fruity peach flavor".  When I bought it, it came in a 2 pack, and each pouch weighed 3oz.  Northerner lists the nicotine content as 2 out of 5, or regular strength.  The tobacco content on the pouch says 46.5% US tobacco and 53.5% imported tobacco.

Chewing tobacco is fun.  While it's not something I do full time, it's a lot like loose snus:  a great way to connect with raw tobacco.  When you open a pouch, a rich aroma comes through.  The peach is lighter, and more mild than I expected, but it has a pretty dark, robust tobacco behind it.  The tobacco is soft, semi-moist, and packs pretty well in the cheek.  In terms of the flavor, a rich tobacco taste is up front.  It is dark in nature, and accompanied by the peach, which comes through in a mild, subtle, semi-sweet way.  The nicotine strength on this one was pretty adequate; I found with a pretty decent size wad in the lip (there's gotta be a better way to say that), it feels to be about regular strength.  The flavor lasts a good amount of time, usually about 40-50 minutes.

Rating and Final Thoughts

While I don't do chewing tobacco full time, it's still something fun for me.  I consider it a little detour!  This is my first chewing tobacco I've rated, and I put this one at 3.58/5.  To me, that feels like a pretty accurate score.  It was good, but not something I'd use full time or anything.  But I am enjoying checking out this category of tobacco and plan to do more reviews in this area.  Stay tuned!



Comments