Dragon Brand Madras Snuff (Nasal Snuff) - Review. 3 October 2021.

I haven't really reviewed nasal snuff before, but I've been trying to put more tobacco-related reviews out into the world, so I've been adding these reviews here.  With nicotine pouches taking over the smokeless segment, it makes me want to talk about, review, and film more tobacco-related things now than ever before.  I've used nasal snuff for the better part of a decade, so it's fun to add this stuff here to Snubie.com!  This is one by JNF Snuff out of India!  I've had some requests for this one, so here we go!  The description for this one says, "A super strong golden snuff, the most premium quality tobacco leaves are roasted before grinding to provide you the best experience of Madras Snuff.  No added flavors or menthol, just the natural roasted tobacco aroma".  I got this one in a sample pack; it's an 8 gram container.  

To open it up, I had to cut the top part of the label off, and then I was able to have access to the top cap to open it up.  One thing you'll notice about this one is that it's a little more moist.  I like a dryer snuff, so this one is a little more moist than I usually use.  The tobacco is actually sautéed in ghee, which is a type of clarified butter.  And yes, the butter presence does come through in this one.  For the tin note, I pick up a clear tobacco aroma, a slight ammonia presence, along with a nutty/buttery character.  With this one, I don't want to inhale too firmly, and I tend to take smaller pinches than usual.  I'll explain when we get to the nicotine part.  But, it does have a bit of a burn in the nose, and can lead to a runny nose if you get too crazy with it.  In the nose, it's very much a tobacco-centric snuff.  I do pick up that buttery presence, along with a toasty/nutty character.  It's very faintly sweet, but not overly so.  I do detect some ammonia, as well.  As far as the nicotine goes, this one uses Rustica tobacco, so it has quite a hit.  This is why I mentioned before that I take smaller pinches with it.  It's definitely got a kick.  In regards to the longevity, it doesn't linger around too much, so it's a bit shorter on the lifespan.

Rating and Final Thoughts

This one isn't too bad, but a little more moist and a little more stout than I prefer.  I rated it at 2.88/5.  That puts it a little above average.  It's a decent snuff, and I think people who like tobacco-centric products with a little extra "oomph" to them in the nicotine department are really going to enjoy this one.  While not a snuff for me, I certainly think there's quite a few folks out there who will really dig this one.  



Comments