Greene's Reserve (Long Cut/Fine Cut) CBD - Review. 21 August 2021.

Last year, Mrs. Snubie got me into CBD.  I started reviewing it, but wasn't really using it at the time.  I was mainly just reviewing it because she was into it, and I had some of the Snubieverse asking me to review it.  However, over time, as I used it more and more, I actually started enjoying it.  Now, I use CBD all the time.  I mostly use Cannadips (which is a pouched product), but I was really interested in trying these out when I first heard about them.  Today we're talking about Greene's Reserve!  These come in fine cut and long cut.  I know, those are common dip grinds, but these are actually tobacco free!  They contain ground hemp flower, ground cocoa fiber.  Each can weighs 1.2oz (34.02g).  The CBD content is 1100mg/can, or 32.33mg/g.  I found the CBD delivery on all of these to be pretty satisfactory and stable, and I was pinching on average about 2 grams at a time.

What is CBD?
A quick explanation for my snus audience, if you aren't familiar with CBD.  CBD is short for Cannabidiol, and is a naturally occurring compound in the hemp plant.  According to Drugs.com, "CBD is effective at relieving anxiety, depression, pain, inflammation, and improving sleep".  No, CBD is not marijuana, and no, CBD will not "Get you high" (I had these same worries when I first heard about it).  I've begun using it for headaches and back pains, and it's been a great addition to my lifestyle!

The Grinds

This product comes in two grinds:  long cut and fine cut.  On the left, the long cut one, has longer strands of the hemp/cocoa fiber.  On the right, the fine cut one has finer pieces.  Which one you use ultimately depends on you.  The way I do it is like snus, I take a pinch and throw it in my upper lip.  You can go lower lip if you want, depending on what you prefer.  I find the long cut packs better, so of the two grinds that one is my favorite.  But, for those who like fine cut, you may enjoy that one a little more.  I find the fine cut has about 30-40 minutes of longevity, and the long cut has about 45-50 minutes of longevity.

Greene's Reserve:  Menthol

Flavor Description:  "Menthol"
Can Contents:  1.2oz (34.02g)
CBD Content:  1100mg/can, or 32.33mg/g

Review:  When I read menthol I was curious if it would be menthol or mint, but to my relief, it was more mint.  In the aroma, I pick up an earthy presence, a lightly sweet mint aroma, and a subtle wood note.  When I put a pinch in, I get a subtle cooling presence in the lip.  As far as the flavor goes, it's mostly mint.  It's lightly sweet, refreshing, and lightly earthy.  I also pick up subtle wood notes.

Greene's Reserve:  Natural

Flavor Description:  "Menthol"
Can Contents:  1.2oz (34.02g)
CBD Content:  1100mg/can, or 32.33mg/g

Review:  This one has a lightly sweet, earthy aroma to it when you open the can.  It almost has a chocolatey essence to it, along with a subtle hint of wood.  The aroma translates pretty well to the flavor.  In the taste, I pick up a natural, earthy, lightly sweet character.  It has a slight wooden presence to it, and a faint hint of chocolate, as well.

Greene's Reserve:  Wintergreen

Flavor Description:  "Menthol"
Can Contents:  1.2oz (34.02g)
CBD Content:  1100mg/can, or 32.33mg/g

Review:  Of course you knew there was going to be a wintergreen user.  I'm not the biggest fan of wintergreen, but I do get a craving for it from time to time.  In the aroma, I pick up a mild, smooth aroma of wintergreen.  It's lightly earthy, and has subtle wood notes to it.  In the lip, I encounter a mild cooling presence which adds a little freshness to this one.  In the flavor profile, the wintergreen taste is present, smooth, and not super in your face.  I also pick up a light sweetness, and subtle notes of wood.  Even though I'm not the biggest user of wintergreen, I found this one to be pretty enjoyable.

Rating and Final Thoughts

Overall, these weren't too bad.  The ratings averaged between 2.42 and 3, which puts them above average. Ultimately, I enjoyed the long cut ones more, because I like the easier to pack grind.  Natural LC came out on top, at 3/5, and would be my recommendation if I had to suggest one of the line to try out.  Behind that one is LC Menthol (2.83/5), FC Natural (2.75/5), LC Wintergreen (2.67/5), FC Menthol (2.58/5), and FC Wintergreen (2.58/5).  If you're looking for an alternative to dip, these are certainly a good option!  



Comments