Swave Cuba Libre (Nicotine Pouches) - Review. 3 June 2021.

Gotlandssnus has released another new product in their Swave nicotine pouches line, this one with the exciting flavor of Cuba Libre!  If you're not familiar, a Cuba Libre is a highball cocktail made of rum, cola, and lime.  I first had one in the Dominican Republic years and years ago, and it had a fantastic flavor to it. This flavor has been attempted a few times now, by a few other companies.  AG Snus made one in their Shiro line:  Shiro Cuba Libre.  That one was a little faint in terms of flavor.  Snus.biz in Ukraine made a snus version once that was pretty good!  Rum is a hard flavor to do, so I was curious to see how well they got it with this one.  I've had the whole Swave line so far, and all of their products have been quite impressive.

When it comes to this one, the flavor description says "A taste of rum, cola, lime, with hints of vanilla and cinnamon".  Each can weighs 16 grams and has 20 pouches, for 0.8g each.  The nicotine content is said to be 13.25mg/g (1.325%), which would be around 10.6mg/portion.

I'm happy to report that Gotlandssnus nailed it with this one.  This is one of the most flavorful nicotine pouches I've had yet, but I was very impressed with how they accomplished the rum flavor.  It wasn't too artificial, and certainly wasn't very weak.  In the aroma, rum and cola come through pretty clearly.  There's a light hint of cinnamon, along with a tart hint of lie.  The pouches are slim, moderately moist, soft, and comfortable in the lip.  The flavor is phenomenal.  I pick up the rum and cola right up front.  Behind it, light tones of vanilla mingle in, a gentle cinnamon, and a faint hint of lime.  The nicotine strength feels to be between regular strength and strong, and the flavor lasts about 45 minutes, on average.

Rating and Final Thoughts

I gave this one a 3.5/5.  I don't really use nicotine pouches, so anything between a 3 and a 4 is usually a good score for me.  I've only ever rated one at a 4, so this one being close to a 4 is pretty impressive.  This stuff tastes great.  Scoring a 4.25 in aroma/flavor is rare for me, I don't usually go that high unless a product really stands out.  Gotlandssnus did something quite impressive with this one!  If you like nicotine pouches or, even if you don't, this is a great one to try out.  I'll be getting some more for the summer!

Swave Nicotine Pouches are available from SnusDirect.com.



Comments