NOIS Nicotine Pouches: Blackcurrant & Mango Mint - Review. 26 June 2021.

I know, I know, most of what I review lately is nicotine pouches.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a snus guy.  But, it seems like 99% of the new products these days are nicotine pouches, so that's a big chunk of what I review.  Today, we're going to be talking about two new NOIS Nicotine Pouch products.  Back in December, I reviewed some NOIS nicotine pouches.  Those were mainly mint flavored.  These are a little different - one is Blackcurrant and one is Mango/Mint.  I found these recently on Snussie.com and thought I'd give them a go.  The last ones I had were about average, so I figured these wouldn't be too bad.  
NOIS Mango Mint

Flavor Description:  "The perfect combination of mango and mint. Great balance between sweetness and freshness."
Can Contents:  11 grams, 22 portions, 0.5g portions
Nicotine Strength:  12mg/g (1.2%), or 6mg/portion
  
NOIS Mango Mint
The Review:

When you open the can, a tropical smell of mango comes through along with a hint of menthol.  The pouches are slim, moderately soft, and semi-moist.  They're comfortable under the lip, and come with a light cooling presence.  The flavor is pretty mild, and comes through in a more mild way than the aroma does.  It's a taste of tropical mango, with a light herbal touch, and a hint of menthol mixed in.  In terms of the strength, this one feels about regular.  The flavor, on average, lasts about 30-40 minutes.

NOIS Blackcurrant

Flavor Description:  "A fresh taste of blackcurrant."
Can Contents:  11 grams, 22 portions, 0.5g portions
Nicotine Strength:  16mg/g (1.6%), or 8mg/portion

NOIS Blackcurrant
The Review:

I'm a pretty big fan of black currant.  I don't use a lot of nicotine pouches, but Skruf Cassice is a favorite of mine, which has a pretty pronounced taste of black currant.  In terms of the aroma, it's pretty mild.  I pick up mostly menthol, along with a little black currant mixed in.  The pouches are slim, semi-moist, and moderately soft.  They're comfortable under the lip and come with a mild cooling presence.  The flavor, like the aroma, is quite mild.  I pick up a pretty subtle taste of black currant, along with a hint of menthol mixed in.  In terms of the nicotine strength, it feels about regular, maybe just a touch above.  The flavor, on average, lasts about 30-40 minutes.

Rating and Final Thoughts

I rated the Mango Mint one at 2.92/5, and the Blackcurrant one at 2.83/5.  These ratings are higher than the last NOIS products I had, and I found the flavors to be a little more enjoyable.  They aren't bad.  Just kind of average, for me.  Pretty decent can designs, good nicotine strengths, and decent flavors.  The NOIS line isn't bad, if you're a nicotine pouch consumer.  I was surprised I rated the Blackcurrant one lower than the Mango Mint one, but honestly, the taste was too mild; I couldn't pick up as much black currant as I hoped for in the flavor. 



Comments